MX-17 Screenshots

Show us how you are setting up MX
dreamer

Re: MX-17 Screenshots

#101 Post by dreamer »

GraveyardDiver wrote:That's right Balarm.
I don't think you can change the system icons unless you build you own distro from the source code.
Modifying an icon theme isn't that difficult. I have done it, because I found a tutorial in the Linux Mint forum. Icon themes are one of the few things that don't change much. The freedesktop icon spec may get updated once in a while and every desktop is a little different. However, if you start with a recent theme as a base then the icon names should be correct so it's just a matter of replacing image files. Many files are symbolic links* (see explanation below) so you have to look in file properties to find the "real" file and change that. Here's the link:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=15305

*A symbolic link, also termed a soft link, is a special kind of file that points to another file. Unlike a hard link, a symbolic link does not contain the data in the target file. It simply points to another entry somewhere in the file system.

Those liking themes/icons resembling other OSes be sure to check out the B00merang Project:
https://b00merang.weebly.com/

k_sz

#102 Post by k_sz »

I'm not sure I understand what you're evoking here but have you ever tried gtk-update-icon-cache /yourspecificiconfolder followed by a deconnection/reconnection (or a [Ctrl][Alt][Backspace]) ?

System icons can be changed when the icons set :
  • includes all the needed icons
  • is present in /usr/share/icons/
  • provides subfolders tree (and possible symlinks) compatible with your DE
    • if not compatible, the output of gtk-update-icon-cache /yourdangiconsfolder will be disappointing :

Code: Select all

gtk-update-icon-cache: The generated cache was invalid.
    • check if the hierarchy of your icons theme is understandable by your (yeah, this. this thing)
    • check if *one* of your icons-OR-folder-OR-subfolder's name includes a blank space (or some alien crypted notation - never heard about ISO-mwahaha-1.3 ?)
  • includes compatible icons (aka understandable format : some DE/WM can't integrate GIF, SVG or PNG,or your fridge, etc)
Accordingly to the above, even if you haven't killed a dear in February during a full Moon night while sharing indespicable rituals with 77 42th generation damned trumpguins, it should work.
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

asqwerth
Developer

#103 Post by asqwerth »

Since I like my panel setup, I only change themes, icons and conky, which admittedly is not as adventurous as some of you. But I wanted to highlight contributions by various forum members:

1. wallpaper by Auro
2. gtk theme is k_sz's oomox-modded cobalt-blue (numixish) except that....
3. window manager theme is an emerald theme since I'm using Compiz right now (see the wobbly window in the screenshot!). It's Numix_Tango in Emerald Theme Manager, but I modified it to have the same "solarized" colour k_sz used for his Cobalt xfwm4 theme
4. MX start button is my "Woodstock"-coloured version of the xcf file that k_sz made for the forum
5. The "Sardi" style MX logo in the conky was made by Antechdesigns previously

https://imgur.com/KkAxIlW

Other stuff:
Icon set: Sardi-Flexible, colour changed using a script provided with the icon set.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

MX<3

#104 Post by MX<3 »

17.1 Horizon in all itz glory!

I'm loving this clean, functional, grey look.

I didn't do much at all... just used MX Tweak Tool, to check it out and this is basically out of the box....

Itz so cool lookin'.
My Computer
MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Motherboard
Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU
2x 8GB DDR4 2666 Memory Modules
NVidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti Grfx Card
M.2 x1 @500GB HDD x1 @ 2TB

Zorin

#105 Post by Zorin »

MX-17 Xfce 4.12 (Please click on the thumbnails for the fullsize-pics):

GTK Theme: Xfce Evolution
WM Theme: Numix
Icon Theme: Delft-Aqua-Dark
Font: NotoSans

Image Image

Jerry3904
Administrator

#106 Post by Jerry3904 »

Very handsome--and nice to see that conky working well!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

asqwerth
Developer

#107 Post by asqwerth »

Return of old favourites, sort of.

Icons: Evolvere Version 2.
Version 1 was the default set for SolydX when I was using it a few years ago. I liked it but it had a (deliberately) faded/washed out look so the colours didn't really pop. Later there were some variations released but even the "vivid" versions weren't very bright. Developer then went on hiatus but now he's back with the new, more colourful version! Yay!

Theme: Flatplat-like Adapta-Nokto built from source using the Adapta dev's colour-change codes.
Flatplat (now known as Materia) was the inspiration for Adapta but it itself is not fully compatible with XFCE (squashes all panel icons and whisker menu icon will be cut off). Dev is non-committal about XFCE compatibility in the future. And even if it were compatible, the newer Materia changed its cyan colour to a more muted blue after Adapta "co-opted" the cyan for its own look. So I used the Adapta script to help me get back the Flatplat look that I love. It's not exact, but the pink and cyan are the correct shades, I think.

xfwm4 theme: this is actually from Materia! Yes, strangely it has a xfwm theme even though the gtk theming is not compatible with XFCE. It's better than the Adapta WM theme which is too skinny.

The conky is modified from something from a LinuxBBQ iso long ago.

https://imgur.com/HjB7BEF
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

grelos

#108 Post by grelos »

richb wrote:A bit of teal.

That Conky looks great. I want to have it too! :number1:
MX-19 on Lenovo 520-15IKB

richb
Administrator

#109 Post by richb »

Thanks grelos.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Mauser

#110 Post by Mauser »

I have been installing themes and icons from https://www.xfce-look.org and I put together this running MX-17.1 Image Image
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”