MX-17 Screenshots

Show us how you are setting up MX
k_sz

Re: MX-17 Screenshots

#71 Post by k_sz »

Nice one, richb :sailing: !

So, let me introduce Rusty Jean, the Dusty Iguana :
Wallpaper : antech's Iguana
Icons : ACYLS, rust'n parchment version (i should design an ACYLS icon for QupZilla)
Cursor : laser blue version of ATER cursors
And about the theme, well, Cobalt Beetle is now Rusty's closest friend ^^
Last edited by k_sz on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

richb
Administrator

#72 Post by richb »

Looking good k_sz. And thanks for your contribution.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

k_sz

#73 Post by k_sz »

richb wrote:Looking good k_sz. And thanks for your contribution.
You're the most welcome.
Being curious : which window theme are you using ? is it colorizable ?
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

richb
Administrator

#74 Post by richb »

k_sz wrote:
richb wrote:Looking good k_sz. And thanks for your contribution.
You're the most welcome.
Being curious : which window theme are you using ? is it colorizable ?
I am using compiz and it is an emerald theme, I modified Wombat grey increasing the width of the title bar and designing my own title bar buttons so that they were larger and a design I liked on an hdpi display. It is configurable as to color. You can add glow, borders of different colors, title bar transparency and other color parameters. The title bar buttons are designed to change color with a mouseover. It was a fun project.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

asqwerth
Developer

#75 Post by asqwerth »

Going full blown psychedelic.

Icons = modified ACYLS, but inheriting Sardi-Ghost-Flexible (with colour of latter changed to a lime green with Sardi-provided script. It can't do gradients, though). Now that I know of the existence of ACYLS, I realise the Sardi set is derived from that, but the Sardi guy (Eric) has added a lot more icons so it's more complete.

Start button modified from k_sz's xcf file.

Gtk Theme and WM theme = his Cobalt mod of Numix
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

dreamer

#76 Post by dreamer »

Lots of interesting screenshots in this thread. :yay:

having fun… :cat:
Wallpaper: MS Ninja Cat from Windows Store
Icons: Numix Circle Light (from repo)
GTK theme: Menta (MATE theme from repo)
Cursor: Breeze (from repo)
Startbutton: I like the colors...
xfwm tweaks: Inactive windows are transparent

asqwerth
Developer

#77 Post by asqwerth »

dreamer wrote:...Wallpaper: MS Ninja Cat from Windows Store
Icons: Numix Circle Light (from repo)
GTK theme: Menta (MATE theme from repo)
Cursor: Breeze (from repo)
Startbutton: I like the colors...
xfwm tweaks: Inactive windows are transparent
Interesting combo!

So is this Ninja Cat something similar to the MS Office's Clippy? :p
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

dreamer

#78 Post by dreamer »

I feel bad about the startbutton. Should have been the MX logo, but they were all monochrome and I wanted something colorful. But it can also be seen as a little tribute to Apple. After all they stole the GUI from Xerox and made computer history.

There is no lack of colorful MX or Linux wallpapers, but MS made two sets of wallpapers featuring a goofy looking Ninja Cat. This is the only pic where the cat is somewhat serious. After all the "Windows as a disservice" it's nice to see some fan service. Linux has Tux and Xfce has the mouse. Windows could need a mascot that brings a little joy to the platform.

I don't think people switching to Linux because Windows is bad is a good situation. Microsoft should fix Windows and people should switch to Linux because they want to. I want both Mac and Windows to become better platforms. The reason desktop Linux is as good as it is today is because developers worked hard to catch up and sometimes surpass the features offered by those platforms. So yeah, a little tribute to Microsoft and hoping they get their heads in the right place.

Clippy was annoying. Ninja cat is up to a lot of fun so similar to Tux I would say. ;)
Last edited by dreamer on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k_sz

#79 Post by k_sz »

asqwerth wrote:Going full blown psychedelic.
This is something ! Lovely ! i like to see how my job has been interpreted/transformed \o/
dreamer wrote:I feel bad about the startbutton.
Nice work :) smooth but still dynamic. Maybe the attached file could please you.

I'm in the middle of something (twas cold'n rainy last week-end, i needed warmness) talking about metal, ice, rust and embers (i've finally destroyed my old blue jeans while welding in the mud so maybe could you find traces of dirty denim rags in these pictures xD)
Have been playing with old'school & bitmap fonts :) The artwiz pack is a must of the minimalistic (but readable) typographic art, from my pov. It isn't easy to install, but it's not a lost cause ! If you're insterested, here is the tutorial i've followed :
> https://urukrama.wordpress.com/2016/01/ ... in-debian/

Home made fastly gimped 1280x800 wallpaper, dowloadable :

All of this probably deserves a little more roundness and velvet (feng shui, you know).
ksz-start_logo-MX-txt_rainbow-80sq.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by k_sz on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dreamer

#80 Post by dreamer »

k_sz wrote:
dreamer wrote:I feel bad about the startbutton.
Nice work :) smooth but still dynamic. Maybe the attached file could please you.
Really nice, k_sz!

I like your work and I have a request... I know, should never tell an artist what to do. :mad: Anyway, I'm going to do just that. ;) The startbutton is really nice, but would be better (I think) without "mx17" (more timeless) and without shadows (flat). You have done a great job with the colors. It looks more interesting than Apple's version. I'm actually a proud MX user, it's just that I like colors (old Apple logo, old Windows logo, old Ubuntu logo).

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”