Antech MX Themes

Show us how you are setting up MX
antechdesigns

Re: Antech MX Themes

#11 Post by antechdesigns »

Jerry3904 wrote:My favorite of your wallpapers because of the way it suggests a landscape, adding a lot of visual interest.
Thanks for the feedback Jerry ;)

Jerry3904
Administrator

#12 Post by Jerry3904 »

BTW: I found that dropping brightness by 20% in GIMP reduced the center top glare, made the whole thing less pink and brought out a bit more the lower *landscape." Thanks for the great work!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

richb
Administrator

#13 Post by richb »

This is my favorite with a modified MX logo based on the sticker art.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

antechdesigns

#14 Post by antechdesigns »

Just playing with MX-17 ALPHA and noticed this:
MX Tweak Theme.png
Has this always been there or has it just been added in MX-17alpha?

Reason I ask is because I noticed the antechdesigns themes and why I posted it in this thread
Thanks

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#15 Post by dolphin_oracle »

antechdesigns wrote:Just playing with MX-17 ALPHA and noticed this:
MX Tweak Theme.png

Reason I ask is because I noticed the antechdesigns themes and why I posted it in this thread
Thanks

those 2 theme sets using some panel graphics from one of your posts, and I kind of jockied them around so it would work vertical or horizontal. They were not there in the original a1, but I added later in an update.

The theme set tool in MX tweak can do lots of different things, including apply a theme to the whisker panel. There is a sample config file in /usr/share/mx-tweak and you can put user made ones in ~/.local/share/mx-tweak and mx-tweak will pick them up after a restart of the app.

When changing themes, the undo function works as long as you undo before closing the app.

attaching your name was an indicator to the dev team of what the app could do.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

antechdesigns

#16 Post by antechdesigns »

dolphin_oracle wrote:
MX Tweak Theme.png

Thanks

those 2 theme sets using some panel graphics from one of your posts, and I kind of jockied them around so it would work vertical or horizontal. They were not there in the original a1, but I added later in an update.

The theme set tool in MX tweak can do lots of different things, including apply a theme to the whisker panel. There is a sample config file in /usr/share/mx-tweak and you can put user made ones in ~/.local/share/mx-tweak and mx-tweak will pick them up after a restart of the app.

When changing themes, the undo function works as long as you undo before closing the app.

Thanks for the info Dolphin, I see the files in /usr/share/mx-tweak-data/ maybe that is what you meant? mx.tweak.template is the sample config, right ?

So basically if I make a theme and add the info to a .tweak file and put it in .local/share/mx-tweak I would be able to pick that theme from the MX-Tweak Theme panel?

That's cool if that's the case!?

I will have a play with it, see if I can come up with anything ;)
Oh is it also possible to set a wallpaper within the .tweak file?

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#17 Post by dolphin_oracle »

antechdesigns wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:
MX Tweak Theme.png

Thanks

Thanks for the info Dolphin, I see the files in /usr/share/mx-tweak-data/ maybe that is what you meant? mx.tweak.template is the sample config, right ?

So basically if I make a theme and add the info to a .tweak file and put it in .local/share/mx-tweak I would be able to pick that theme from the MX-Tweak Theme panel?

I almost added wallpaper settings, but backed off of it.

and yeah, mx-tweak-data. I forgot I split the packages out.

The .tweak files are commented to show what you can put in and where/how to put it. the formatting is particular for xfce because I use the xfconf-query system to set the values, except for whisker menu, which requires some finagling with .gtkrc-2.0.

and I think the ./local/share/mx-tweak-data is the right folder. Looks like that folder probably already exists and contains a template file already.

antechdesigns

#18 Post by antechdesigns »

dolphin_oracle wrote:
antechdesigns wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:

The .tweak files are commented to show what you can put in and where/how to put it. the formatting is particular for xfce because I use the xfconf-query system to set the values, except for whisker menu, which requires some finagling with .gtkrc-2.0.

and I think the ./local/share/mx-tweak-data is the right folder. Looks like that folder probably already exists and contains a template file already.
That's great Dolphin, good job and idea.
Yeah I remember doing something with .gtkrc-2.0 for a custom whisker menu and putting it in the home folder. In fact its at the beginning of this thread ;) That'll save me some digging!!

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#19 Post by dolphin_oracle »

antechdesigns wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:
antechdesigns wrote:

Yeah I remember doing something with .gtkrc-2.0 for a custom whisker menu and putting it in the home folder. In fact its at the beginning of this thread ;) That'll save me some digging!!
Just to let you know, if an existing .gtkrc-2.0 file is found, mx-tweak will NOT overwrite it. It will add an "includes" statement to the .gtkrc-2.0 file that points to a second file with the code from the whisker area of the .tweak file. whatever is defined last is what whisker will use (so if you choose a theme that doesn't have any whisker code in it, whatever is previously existing in the .gtkrc-2.0 file, if anything, will come back into effect).

antechdesigns

#20 Post by antechdesigns »

dolphin_oracle wrote:
antechdesigns wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:

Just to let you know, if an existing .gtkrc-2.0 file is found, mx-tweak will NOT overwrite it. It will add an "includes" statement to the .gtkrc-2.0 file that points to a second file with the code from the whisker area of the .tweak file. whatever is defined last is what whisker will use (so if you choose a theme that doesn't have any whisker code in it, whatever is previously existing in the .gtkrc-2.0 file, if anything, will come back into effect).
Sorry I never got back to you on this, I had my test, 250GB Mechanical hard drive fail on me and I don't have much room left on my 120GB SSD to do another Partition or a virtual machine. So unless it starts raining hard drives, I'm Screwed for the time being. I still have most of the MX-linux master files for all the art projects I have done. So if you need anything changing or doing, give me a shout.

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”