Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

Show us how you are setting up MX-14!
Message
Author
User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 16309
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#31 Post by Stevo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:13 pm


User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 9398
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#32 Post by dolphin_oracle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:09 am

I think the default colors and whisker panel themeing got lost in the mx-greybird upgrades. Luckily these were included as separate files to make things modular.

to fix, add

whisker.rc
xfce-panel.rc

to /usr/share/themes/Greybird-thick-grip/gtk-2.0/apps

these should be available in the github but if not, they are attached.

and then add the following line to the end of /usr/share/themes/Greybird-thick-grip/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

Code: Select all

include "apps/whisker.rc"
this needs done for both themes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-17
lenovo s21e & 100s - antiX-17, MX17(live-usb)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 22476
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#33 Post by Jerry3904 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:51 am

Are you thinking that every single MX-15 user will need to do this manually? (Not a fan if you are...)
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 9398
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#34 Post by dolphin_oracle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 am

Jerry3904 wrote:Are you thinking that every single MX-15 user will need to do this manually? (Not a fan if you are...)
no I'm thinking repackage and do another upgrade. these settings are not in the home folder so its easy.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-17
lenovo s21e & 100s - antiX-17, MX17(live-usb)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 22476
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#35 Post by Jerry3904 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:01 am

BTW: kudos on the modularity approach!
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

User avatar
Paul..
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:34 pm

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#36 Post by Paul.. » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:08 am

dolphin_oracle wrote:
Jerry3904 wrote:Are you thinking that every single MX-15 user will need to do this manually? (Not a fan if you are...)
no I'm thinking repackage and do another upgrade. these settings are not in the home folder so its easy.
D_O, let me know if I need to make any changes to mx-greybird-themes. As we discussed, I've forked from anticapitalista/mx-greybird-themes and pushed all current changes up there.

Daily: MSI 890FXA-GD70 | AMD Phenom II X6 1055T | GeForce GTX 750 Ti | 8G
Test: Thinkpad T431s | Intel i5-3437U | Intel 3rd gen Graphics | 4G

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 9398
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#37 Post by dolphin_oracle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:24 am

pcallahan80 wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:
Jerry3904 wrote:Are you thinking that every single MX-15 user will need to do this manually? (Not a fan if you are...)
no I'm thinking repackage and do another upgrade. these settings are not in the home folder so its easy.
D_O, let me know if I need to make any changes to mx-greybird-themes. As we discussed, I've forked from anticapitalista/mx-greybird-themes and pushed all current changes up there.
OK, I think I just pushed the changes up to anti's github. after he approves the merge you will want to sync up your repo and/or re-fork it.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-17
lenovo s21e & 100s - antiX-17, MX17(live-usb)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
Paul..
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:34 pm

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#38 Post by Paul.. » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:28 am

dolphin_oracle wrote:OK, I think I just pushed the changes up to anti's github. after he approves the merge you will want to sync up your repo and/or re-fork it.
To confirm, you've forked from anticapitalista/mx-greybird-themes?

Daily: MSI 890FXA-GD70 | AMD Phenom II X6 1055T | GeForce GTX 750 Ti | 8G
Test: Thinkpad T431s | Intel i5-3437U | Intel 3rd gen Graphics | 4G

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 9398
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#39 Post by dolphin_oracle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:28 am

pcallahan80 wrote:
dolphin_oracle wrote:OK, I think I just pushed the changes up to anti's github. after he approves the merge you will want to sync up your repo and/or re-fork it.
To confirm, you've forked from anticapitalista/mx-greybird-themes?
yes
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-17
lenovo s21e & 100s - antiX-17, MX17(live-usb)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
anticapitalista
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:40 am

Re: Greybird theme is not that gtk3 compatible?

#40 Post by anticapitalista » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:47 am

merged
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX-17 "Heather Heyer" - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Post Reply

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”