MX-18 Screenshots

Show us how you are setting up MX
manyroads

Re: MX-18 Screenshots

#51 Post by manyroads »

Here's a screenshot of the Children's MX18 I'm trying to construct...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

catalinux

#52 Post by catalinux »

Mine

wall is stolen from mint. however it seems to fit quite well with Numix as a theme.
Acer Aspire One D260
Lately got a Lenovo V110-15ISK too

philotux

#53 Post by philotux »

This is mine:

asqwerth
Developer

#54 Post by asqwerth »

Just wanted to test the Evolvere 2 icons packaged by Stevo.

Weather conky by @male.

Window Manager theme is an oomox-numix variant. I like having contrasting border colours.

gtk theme = Plane-dark (by a Manjaro forum member)
https://github.com/wfpaisa/plane-theme
It works very well in MX17/18.

Wallpaper = another evolvotron experiment.

https://imgur.com/2jXbR80
Last edited by asqwerth on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Jerry3904
Administrator

#55 Post by Jerry3904 »

Pretty nice!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

male

#56 Post by male »

a gimmick with terminator and @Olgmen

Image Image

asqwerth
Developer

#57 Post by asqwerth »

@male,

Very cool in a tech-geek way.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

Oblias

#58 Post by Oblias »

Hello all. I just started using MX-18 a few days ago, and it's far and away the best distro, for me on my machine, that I've used. No screen tearing, black flashes, none of the visual problems I've had with most all the other distros. I'm still learning XFCE DE, but no problem there, I love learning. Anyway, back to the subject of screenshots... A bit of back-story here might help to explain my setup.

I have a dual monitor setup, two identical brands and sizes of 24" monitors, giving me a total area of 3840x1080. The thing that has always bugged me was how large wallpapers were displayed when set to span the monitors. The walls would be cut in half, the entire full left half displayed on the left monitor, which left the entire right half to be displayed on the right monitor. All well and good, but the thing is, there is no way for the system to take into account the amount of space the two side bezels of the monitors take up. So, for example, if a person's face is in the center of your 3840x1080 wallpaper, the face ends up looking very wrong, and very wide and out of perspective. Anyone who runs dual monitor setups knows what I'm talking about, I have a feeling.

Anyway, I finally got fed up with it, and designed a wallpaper system that will display the walls the way they should look. It's as if you are looking out a window that has a narrow strip of framing wood running down the center of the window (the actual area that the two side bezels take up). In the course of designing the system, one thing lead to another, and the screenshots are the results of how I deal with the display problem of spanned wallpapers. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but it works for me, and allows me to view my 200+ wallpapers with much more satisfaction now. A couple examples are as follows:

This is an example of a template I came up with for full sized 3840x1080 images:

And this is the template I use for displaying dual 1920x1080 images at one time:

I didn't mean to be so long-winded for my first post, but I'm very happy with this distro, and I'm very motivated to learn all the aspects of it!

UPDATE: I believe I'm doing something wrong here. The only way to view these thumbnails is to right click and select 'Open Image in New Tab'.. In other forums I posted images using the same BBCode, and all one needed to do was to left click the thumbnail to be taken to the full size image. My apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause anyone. I'll see if I can find out the correct way to do this via the forum search.

asqwerth
Developer

#59 Post by asqwerth »

Wallpaper: the goofy pic of the sparrowhawk is taken by member ChrisUK.

Icons: Zafiro

Gtk theme: Ant-Dracula
[see Ant themes: https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1099856/ ]

xfwm Window Manager theme: although you can't see it, I'm using rich's adaptive "borders" window manager theme because the xfwm theme that comes with Ant-Dracula has hardly any grabbable area around the left, right and bottom edges. I love the fun colour combos in the Ant series of themes, but the themes were made mainly for gtk3 applications and Gnome3 desktop, so the xfwm theme provided for XFCE users is very bare bones.

When you like to change your themes regularly like I do, a good, adaptive, "universal" xfwm theme is very helpful in cases where the gtk theme you like either doesn't have a xfwm theme at all or their xfwm theme just isn't usable enough.

Conky: I made 2 additional panels for the MX-Manyroads suite of conky panels - weather and music (lollypop player) information.

a) Weather panel uses the 1_accuweather script from teobigusgeekus which forum member male uses so effectively in his own weather conkies.
[see https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic ... 1545#p1545 for the 1_accuweather script]

b) music panel uses the mediaplayer.py script that is provided with MX-Bridouz in the latest collection of conkies in MX18.

https://imgur.com/LgUILra
Last edited by asqwerth on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

aledie

#60 Post by aledie »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:16 am Wallpaper: the goofy pic of the sparrowhawk is taken by member ChrisUK.
Icons: Zafiro
Gtk theme: Ant-Dracula
[...]
The prettiest MX theme I've seen so far... I definitely prefer cats, but for this amazing proud looking 'bird', would make an exception :)... Wondering how Chris got into such close shot distance

I only had this type of bird as kid for a pet once, dropped wounded on my backyard, we healed it, it stayed around a while and then departed...

Back to the theme itself, it suits the background and looks really nice, upto the last detail. Thanks asqwerth, guess will install it tonight
MX-18 (x64): HP 8460p, i5-2540M, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, HD3000

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”