Welcome!

The kernel problem with recent updates has been solved. Find the solution here

Important information
-- Required MX 15/16 Repository Changes
-- Information on torrent hosting changes
-- Information on MX15/16 GPG Keys
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities

News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX Linux 18.3 Does not Recognize Android itel p13 Hotspot

Post Reply
User avatar
ocha
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:50 am

MX Linux 18.3 Does not Recognize Android itel p13 Hotspot

#1

Post by ocha » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:32 pm

my mx linux 18.3 cannot detect the hotspot from my android mobile phone itel p13 but it can detect other android phone and wireless routers, any fix please

My system spec below:

Code: Select all

System:    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-5-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 6.3.0 
           Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3 Distro: MX-18.3_x64 Continuum May 26  2019 
           base: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 
Machine:   Type: Portable System: Dell product: Vostro 1440 v: A01 serial: <filter> 
           Mobo: Dell model: 07J1JV v: A01 serial: <filter> BIOS: Dell v: A01 date: 08/22/2011 
Battery:   ID-1: BAT0 charge: 20.4 Wh condition: 20.4/48.8 Wh (42%) model: SMP DELL 8NH551C 
           status: Full 
CPU:       Topology: Dual Core model: Intel Core i3 M 370 bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Nehalem 
           rev: 5 L2 cache: 3072 KiB 
           flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 19152 
           Speed: 931 MHz min/max: 931/2394 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 931 2: 1655 3: 1660 
           4: 1640 
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics vendor: Dell driver: i915 
           v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.2 driver: intel resolution: 1366x768~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ironlake Mobile v: 2.1 Mesa 18.2.6 
           direct render: Yes 
Audio:     Device-1: Intel 5 Series/3400 Series High Definition Audio vendor: Dell 
           driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.19.0-5-amd64 
Network:   Device-1: Broadcom Limited BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Dell 
           driver: wl v: kernel port: f000 bus ID: 12:00.0 
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter> 
           Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Dell 
           driver: r8169 v: kernel port: e000 bus ID: 13:00.0 
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter> 
           IF-ID-1: docker0 state: up speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: <filter> 
           IF-ID-2: veth4359cc7 state: up speed: 10000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> 
           IF-ID-3: veth718b290 state: up speed: 10000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> 
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 465.76 GiB used: 20.26 GiB (4.3%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Western Digital model: WD5000BPVT-75HXZT3 size: 465.76 GiB 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 219.77 GiB used: 20.26 GiB (9.2%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda3 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 50.0 C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 3475 
Repos:     Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list 
           1: deb http://iso.mxrepo.com/antix/stretch stretch main
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/atom.list 
           1: deb [arch=amd64] https://packagecloud.io/AtomEditor/atom/any/ any main
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-stable-updates.list 
           1: deb http://ftp.pt.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list 
           1: deb http://ftp.pt.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free
           2: deb http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list 
           1: deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/debian stretch stable
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list 
           1: deb [arch=amd64] http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mx.list 
           1: deb https://mirror.liquidtelecom.com/mxlinux/packages/mx/repo/ stretch main non-free
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/teamviewer.list 
           1: deb http://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable main
           No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/various.list 
           Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vscode.list 
           1: deb [arch=amd64] http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable main
Info:      Processes: 247 Uptime: 1h 01m Memory: 3.66 GiB used: 2.28 GiB (62.4%) Init: SysVinit 
           runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: 6.3.0 Shell: bash v: 4.4.12 inxi: 3.0.33 

User avatar
fehlix
Developer
Posts: 4889
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: MX Linux 18.3 Does not Recognize Android itel p13 Hotspot

#2

Post by fehlix » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:45 pm

ocha wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:32 pm
my mx linux 18.3 cannot detect the hotspot from my android mobile phone itel p13
Is it visible with linssid?
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
ocha
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:50 am

Re: MX Linux 18.3 Does not Recognize Android itel p13 Hotspot

#3

Post by ocha » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:50 pm

fehlix wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:45 pm
ocha wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:32 pm
my mx linux 18.3 cannot detect the hotspot from my android mobile phone itel p13
Is it visible with linssid?
The SSID is not Visible

User avatar
fehlix
Developer
Posts: 4889
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: MX Linux 18.3 Does not Recognize Android itel p13 Hotspot

#4

Post by fehlix » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:58 pm

ocha wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:50 pm
The SSID is not Visible
Yes, I understand. But is the hotspot visible, at all.
apt show linssid wrote:Description: graphical wireless scanner
LinSSID is a graphical program that displays locally receivable 802.11
wireless attach points and ad hoc networks.
.
A table is displayed with various parameters such as MAC address, channel,
and signal strength. Graphs are also displayed with signal strength by
channel and signal strength over time.
.
LinSSID is graphically and functionally similar to inSSIDer (for Microsoft
Windows) and Wifi Analyzer (for Android).
.
LinSSID can be used to measure the local performance or to search for an
interference free channel to be set in a wireless router (access point or
AP). The wireless established link won't be affected by these operations
because LinSSID needn't set the monitor mode in network interface.
.
Some features:
.
- Table of locally receivable attach points with many columns of different
information and sortable and movable columns.
- Adjustable speed, real-time update.
- Graphs of signal strength by channel and over time.
- AP bandwidth displayed.
- Works on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels.
EDIT: If want to start if from the menu (after installation), you would need first adjust the starter by chaning the exec line to:

Code: Select all

su-to-root -X -c linssid
or run it from the terminal.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
ocha
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:50 am

Re: MX Linux 18.3 Does not Recognize Android itel p13 Hotspot

#5

Post by ocha » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:05 pm

fehlix wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:58 pm
ocha wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:50 pm
The SSID is not Visible
Yes, I understand. But is the hotspot visible, at all.
apt show linssid wrote:Description: graphical wireless scanner
LinSSID is a graphical program that displays locally receivable 802.11
wireless attach points and ad hoc networks.
.
A table is displayed with various parameters such as MAC address, channel,
and signal strength. Graphs are also displayed with signal strength by
channel and signal strength over time.
.
LinSSID is graphically and functionally similar to inSSIDer (for Microsoft
Windows) and Wifi Analyzer (for Android).
.
LinSSID can be used to measure the local performance or to search for an
interference free channel to be set in a wireless router (access point or
AP). The wireless established link won't be affected by these operations
because LinSSID needn't set the monitor mode in network interface.
.
Some features:
.
- Table of locally receivable attach points with many columns of different
information and sortable and movable columns.
- Adjustable speed, real-time update.
- Graphs of signal strength by channel and over time.
- AP bandwidth displayed.
- Works on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels.
EDIT: If want to start if from the menu (after installation), you would need first adjust the starter by chaning the exec line to:

Code: Select all

su-to-root -X -c linssid
or run it from the terminal.
I just installed linssid, i can see other hotspot on the linssid interface but not seeing my android hotspot

User avatar
CyberGhost
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Re: MX Linux 18.3 Does not Recognize Android itel p13 Hotspot

#6

Post by CyberGhost » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:31 pm

Is there an option to make your device (Android phone/hotspot) discoverable?
MX 18.3 64 Bit
4.19.0-5-amd64 x86_64
HP Notebook 17-x115dx
Intel Core i7-7500U (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
8 GB RAM DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
Intel HD Graphics 620
Toshiba 1TB HDD

User avatar
JayM
Qualified MX Guide
Posts: 2132
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:47 am

Re: MX Linux 18.3 Does not Recognize Android itel p13 Hotspot

#7

Post by JayM » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:50 pm

Can other phones or computers see your hotspot's SSID?
Please read How To Ask For Help and How to Break Your System.
MX User Manual: hold down ALT and press F1. Further information may be found in the MX Wiki.

Post Reply

Return to “General”