MX Linux is now #3 at DistroWatch (over past 6 months)

BitJam
Developer

MX Linux is now #3 at DistroWatch (over past 6 months)

#1 Post by BitJam »

DistroWatch Page Hit Rankings

Kudos to everyone involved!
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

Mauser

Re: MX Linux is now #3 at DistroWatch (over past 6 months)

#2 Post by Mauser »

It was posted here already. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=47314
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

darth.severus

#3 Post by darth.severus »

Impressive. Now with system encryption and flatpaks it's getting better and better.
Acer Extensa 2519 with 4GB RAM v: V1.24 | Intel Celeron N3060 2.4 GHz | Intel HD Graphics 400 (Braswell)

manyroads

#4 Post by manyroads »

Worth noting how these are to be used... according to Distrowatch:

The DistroWatch Page Hit Ranking statistics are a light-hearted way of measuring the popularity of Linux distributions and other free operating systems among the visitors of this website. They correlate neither to usage nor to quality and should not be used to measure the market share of distributions. They simply show the number of times a distribution page on DistroWatch.com was accessed each day, nothing more.

See: https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=popularity
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

But we like it when we're up near the top, for sure!

Mauser

#6 Post by Mauser »

manyroads wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:49 pm Worth noting how these are to be used... according to Distrowatch:

The DistroWatch Page Hit Ranking statistics are a light-hearted way of measuring the popularity of Linux distributions and other free operating systems among the visitors of this website. They correlate neither to usage nor to quality and should not be used to measure the market share of distributions. They simply show the number of times a distribution page on DistroWatch.com was accessed each day, nothing more.

Not so to those who are looking to switch to Linux and the people that don't know it's a hit counter.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Stevo
Developer

#7 Post by Stevo »

MX has now passed Mint to become #2 on the 30 and 7 day page hit rankings...no doubt because of the interest in the MX 18 beta and RC releases.

The little distro that could!

wulf

#8 Post by wulf »

Mauser wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:15 pm
manyroads wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:49 pm Worth noting how these are to be used... according to Distrowatch:

Not so to those who are looking to switch to Linux
Have to agree here. It was scanning through the up and coming distros at Distrowatch that first made me aware of MX.

rasat

#9 Post by rasat »

#2 on 3 months, 30 and 7. In mid January, most likely on 6 months. Inspiring start for 2019.

turtlebay777

#10 Post by turtlebay777 »

rasat wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 pm #2 on 3 months, 30 and 7. In mid January, most likely on 6 months. Inspiring start for 2019.
Except that it's still 2018!

Return to “General”