(SOLVED) keep apps from running at start up

MissRed

(SOLVED) keep apps from running at start up

#1 Post by MissRed »

Hi everyone! I recently installed MX and so far I'm enjoying it. However, I'm now facing kind of a situation; whenever I turn on my netbook and/or login some apps auto start; Nomacs and xfce4-termnal, I have to click on the "X" to close them, no images in Nomacs and a blank terminal. I already checked in session and startup and there's no option there to keep them from doing this. How can I do that? I'm like really new to Linux in general and if a GUI approach is possible that would be really nice. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Last edited by MissRed on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: keep apps from running at start up

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

clear your saved sessions. xfce tries to remember whats running when you shutdown, and then restarts it next boot.

Settings->Session & Startup->Sessions Tab -> clear saved sessions
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

MissRed

#3 Post by MissRed »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:32 pm clear your saved sessions. xfce tries to remember whats running when you shutdown, and then restarts it next boot.

Settings->Session & Startup->Sessions Tab -> clear saved sessions
Well, but it happens everytime and those apps are not always running. Thanks for your answer. I'll try that and hope it works cause it's kind of annoying.

MissRed

#4 Post by MissRed »

Thank you! That worked! I logout-login and no Nomacs no xfce4-terminal wndows :happy:

Return to “General”