Email programs with MX Linux 17.1 and Linux in General

KernSpy

Re: Email programs with MX Linux 17.1 and Linux in General

#51 Post by KernSpy »

I checked the "stable" repo by searching for Claws and there is lots of plugins and things for Claws. I see the - Papirus icon theme, but not the program / mail themes.
https://github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTe ... mail-theme
MX-19.2_x64 | System76 Galago UltraPro / Clevo W740SU | Intel Core i7-4770HQ | Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 | 16 GB DDR3 | Intel 530 series mSATA SSD - 240-GB | WD7500BPKX - 750-GB | Intel HD Audio.

fehlix
Developer

#52 Post by fehlix »

KernSpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:37 pm I checked the "stable" repo by searching for Claws and there is lots of plugins and things for Claws. I see the - Papirus icon theme, but not the program / mail themes.
https://github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTe ... mail-theme
You shall better use latest claws-mail 3.17.1 from mx-test-repo by installing from within MX Package Installer (MXPI).
Well, and if you feel something is missing, post a request within package request forum Package Requests/Status - MX 17 and describing your desire, nicely ;)
:puppy:
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

oops

#53 Post by oops »

nathan2423 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:41 pm Seems like it would be easily possible to allow basic html formatting commands (bold, underline, italics) while prohibiting automatic loading of external links, much like for example this forum software does. Without that ability they are limiting outgoing emails to little more than the equivalent of long text messages.
+1 It would be a nice improvement. (even as a claws-mail option)
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Kulmbacher

#54 Post by Kulmbacher »

nathan2423 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 am ...
For those I support, I intentionally disable html-feature e.g. in thundebird, including remote "sniffing" content.
Same here, plus nice addon Allow HTML Temp

Sometimes i have to read only important mails in html.
After click on Allow html temp you see html (simple or original)
Switching to next mail, plain text is activated again, so you can`t forget to switch back to plain text!

There are ore more options to define orig. html view. Simple html showed me up to now all information i need, nearly plain.
they called him, the fish!

Moltke

#55 Post by Moltke »

The Bat!'s internal viewer supports HTML 4.0 and CSS v2.0 formatting, but ignores scripts and executable code preventing viruses from launching.
Claws has the Dillo plugin so one can see html messages. Check it out:

Yes but I mean at the top level (as a policy) into the first page.
You mean at the top like this

Without each other's help there ain't no hope for us :happy:

oops

#56 Post by oops »

Moltke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 pm
Yes but I mean at the top level (as a policy) into the first page.
You mean at the top like this
Yes, but Into the top level "What is it" item (it's the first item, and often the only one that people like me read in a first step, and the "Features" item too)
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

manyroads

#57 Post by manyroads »

FWIW... I have gone back to T'bird. Now that Mozilla is out of the picture, the product seems much better.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Artim

#58 Post by Artim »

Now that Mozilla is out of the picture, the product seems much better.
Exactly how I feel. I'm a Seamonkey user for the very same reason. Thousands fewer lines of code and still does everything Firehog does, plus a Thunderbird-ish e-mail client.

Return to “General”