Tomorrow is the big day!

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

Re: Tomorrow is the big day!

#11 Post by ChrisUK »

turtlebay777 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:08 pm yeah but it's only the number of times each page has been viewed. not downloads.
True, but it's encouragement for a relatively-small team that produces and supports MX Linux.

Ubuntu is supported by Canonical - Linux Mint is supported by regular $10,000 a month donations (although only $7,500 last month) - to be anywhere near those two (even page hits) is quite an achievement... IMO.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

clicktician

#12 Post by clicktician »

Adrian wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:48 pm Prepare for incoming trolls :)
+1 Gird your loins. Lol.
Son, someday all this will belong to your ex wife.

boombaby

#13 Post by boombaby »

Thanks, clicktician, post #12

Loins already girded!

Interesting view by oops post #9, here...

........ http://www.mxlinux.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ee67e886b7

to which I responded in post #10.

In there I gave this link ........ https://www.linuxquestions.org/question ... ost5897885
about some other aspects.

As I now discovered, at Distrowatch if you use the drop-down selector above the rankings and choose Average Rating, you get that "other" view.

In my view the Average Rating ranking from Users is an important one provided there are lots of responses (and independent)

But Monthly/Daily Ranking has that "feel good" quality about it, doesn't it?

........ http://www.mxlinux.org/forum/viewtopic. ... b7#p461967

And, right now, the MX Team (and Contributors) should really feel good. (Possibly Antix is also involved in that?)

Me?

I'm not feeling so good right now. Apparently (oops post #4) I have just turned 2 months old. So where's my breasts (and milk)? :p By the way, I think I need my loins re-girded. :bawling:

[P.S. ... No good complaining 'bout that. I'm only 2 months old (apparently) :happybday: ]

boombaby
_

asqwerth
Developer

#14 Post by asqwerth »

I like to check the MX reviews and ratings page regularly, so while I'm not one who believes in adding to the page click count just to run up the popularity numbers, I might be doing it inadvertently just by going to the reviews/ratings page so often. Depends on how DW treats those visits.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

oops

#15 Post by oops »

boombaby wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:08 am...
[P.S. ... No good complaining 'bout that. I'm only 2 months old (apparently) :happybday: ]
boombaby
lol ... It was a joke, at this age, as you said: "You can "run" but you can't hide" ;-)
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Buck Fankers

#16 Post by Buck Fankers »

asqwerth wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:10 am I might be doing it inadvertently just by going to the reviews/ratings page so often.
Yes, I'm checking those reviews also.

Abut speaking of distrowatch stats, there is one, that matters much more than any other, it is this one:

https://distrowatch.com/index.php?dataspan=votes

It shows which distros got most of the ratings. Good or bad, all combined. And you look at top 10 or so. MX is in third place, very very nice!

But what is even more important, of all top 10, MX has the highest average rating! So what this combined tells you is, users really really like MX, since it is the highest rated distro among the most popular ones.

Another interesting point to make is, check two highest rating distros among top 10. Both (MX and Deuvan) are without systemd, which means or users generally prefer non-systemd over systemd or users have less problems with the systems that are not running systemd init. Either way MX (and Antix) did a good choice :-)

No wonder MX is inching higher...

FungalNet

#17 Post by FungalNet »

:)
I have a screenshot of dw from the day it passed Debian

I liked that one!

oops

#18 Post by oops »

With my criteria , MX17 is the first one, AntiX the second (Debian stable and Init software=SysV , and Release model (LTS defined) = defined):
https://distrowatch.com/search.php?osty ... ive#simple
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

boombaby

#19 Post by boombaby »

That's disgusting (#17), FungalNet! That's like leering at a child eating it's OWN mother!

:happy:
boombaby

boombaby

#20 Post by boombaby »

You know; the way MX has been in the groove, chasing Elementary up the DW.ladder, and the way Mint has been in a slight decline, I wouldn't be surprised if MX hits a power-up and jumps both in one herculean leap (in about 4-6 weeks).

MX 18.0, MX-Groove? MX-Hercules? MX-LustyLeaper? MX-Warpspeed? MX-Timewarp? :whoknows:

Regards,
boombaby
_

Return to “General”