share folders

napsix65

share folders

#1 Post by napsix65 »

After some time of using this excellent distro, I have to go back to Linux Mint mate or cinnamon, they have the possibility of sharing network folders easily, with caja-share and nemo-share, for me it is very important since I work permanently in a lan network. I will return to MX at a time when thunar-share is available or have an application that allows me to easily share my folders on a LAN network. Thanks MX Linux, see you soon.

anticapitalista
Developer

Re: share folders

#2 Post by anticapitalista »

Any reason why you haven't asked for help in how to do this on MX Linux?
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#3 Post by dolphin_oracle »

napsix65 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 am After some time of using this excellent distro, I have to go back to Linux Mint mate or cinnamon, they have the possibility of sharing network folders easily, with caja-share and nemo-share, for me it is very important since I work permanently in a lan network. I will return to MX at a time when thunar-share is available or have an application that allows me to easily share my folders on a LAN network. Thanks MX Linux, see you soon.
we had a samba share app right in the right click menu. but enjoy mint, its a nice distro.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

napsix65

#4 Post by napsix65 »

Dolphin, that option of the contextual menu is the one that I have been using this time with MX Linux, but with the MATE and CInnamon desktop, I can use caja-share and nemo-share in a very simple way and without having to configure absolutely nothing of samba. As simple as creating a folder, and sharing it with the option of the contextual menu and ready, it is already shared, without having to be root. I do not have these options in thunar with XFCE.

napsix65

#5 Post by napsix65 »

I'm trying Manjaro XFCE. It has a "Thunar-share-plugin" plugin, it works just as simple as caja-share or nemo-share. The only condition, is that, the user is in the "sambashare" group, then, you can use any created folder, without being root. We should see how to adapt "thunar-share-plugin" to MX Linux :)

Stevo
Developer

#6 Post by Stevo »

I'm sending up the 0.2 version that will work with our GTK 2 Thunar to the MX 17 test repo, but have no way to test it with Samba. The package is "thunar-shares-plugin" (note the "shares" instead of "share). I had to package it from scratch and find a patch procedure on the Ubuntu forums to get it to build.

napsix65

#7 Post by napsix65 »

solve my concern, I stay in MX Linux. Install the mate desktop with the MX package installer. To my surprise, the MATE desktop works faster than XFCE, and now I can easily share folders using caja-share. :)

napsix65

#8 Post by napsix65 »

Thunar, in Emmabuntus and Manjaro with XFCE, has thunar-shares-plugin, excellent. :)

Stevo
Developer

#9 Post by Stevo »

Does the version now in our test repo work? I don't have any way to test it.

napsix65

#10 Post by napsix65 »

don't work :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General”