Full disk encryption

Mauser

Re: Full disk encryption

#41 Post by Mauser »

Richard wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:59 am
As for Grub I highly recommend you don't try Grub2 on MX-17.1 unless you want to break MX Linux.
Is this a typo?
No.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Adrian
Developer

#42 Post by Adrian »

MX-17.1 uses GRUB 2.02

darth.severus

#43 Post by darth.severus »

Mauser wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 amMX-17.1 has only Home folder encryption option.
You mean the installer, I'm talking about doing it myself. However, my questions might also be relevant for why the installer uses which option.
Full disk encryption is going to be in MX-18 which is going to be released before the end of the year.
Good to know. Thanks. However, if MX-18 installer uses options which are not optimal for me, I'll try doing it myself with the new installation. And therefore more information might be helpful.
Adrian wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 am MX-17.1 uses GRUB 2.02
Oh, I'll try to verify this. I was going after the program name like grub-whatever not grub2-whatever.

EDIT: Can someone who tested MX-18 beta please point out how the encryption per installer is working now.
Boot encrypted: Yes [ ] No[ ]
Acer Extensa 2519 with 4GB RAM v: V1.24 | Intel Celeron N3060 2.4 GHz | Intel HD Graphics 400 (Braswell)

rghv

#44 Post by rghv »

EDIT: Can someone who tested MX-18 beta please point out how the encryption per installer is working now.
Boot encrypted: Yes [ ] No[ ]

Boot encrypted: No
Root encrypted: Yes

fdisk o/p is attached.

Thanks to all those who made FDE a standard feature in the installer. Am sure this begets a lot many onto MX's realm, as many corporate users can now conform to org-wide compliance needs.

Thanks and regards!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Before systemd ---> :cool: :happy: :hug: :rock: :clap: :linuxlove: :biggrin:
After systemd ---> :eek: :mad: :frown: :alien: :crossfingers: :frustrated: :letmeout: :killcomputer: :yuck: :duel: :thumbdown: :huh: :embarrassed:

Return to “General”