Bluetooth connection?

Bierhundt

Bluetooth connection?

#1 Post by Bierhundt »

I have an LG trackfone, (a dumbphone, NOT a smartphone). which has a camera to take pix. According to the Tech Support at Trackphone, if I enable Bluetooth on the laptop, and also on the dumbphone, they will communicate so's I can download some pix from the phone to the laptop. I've enabled Bluetooth on the laptop and searched for a paired device on the phone, but even tho the USB cable is attached to the phone and the computer, it can't find another Bluetooth device. I'd really like to download the pix of my g-kids before they get into their teens, so I'd appreciate any help I can get. Keep in mind that I'm pretty much of a computer illiterate (but I'd much rather use Linux than Micro$haft for an OS), AND, according to the wife I'm an old goat, so please be easy on me for not knowing everything about my computer when you respond. Thanks!

Richard

Re: Bluetooth connection?

#2 Post by Richard »

Hello,
I don't know the phone, but have you tried Bluetooth, without the USB cable connected?
It's just a shot in the dark until someone more knowledgeable about Bluetooth comes along.
I don't know if the USB cable connected turns off Bluetooth?
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Bluetooth connection?

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

I've enabled Bluetooth on the laptop and searched for a paired device on the phone, but even tho the USB cable is attached to the phone and the computer, it can't find another Bluetooth device.
It sounds like you are missing some basic information about this. (The cable has nothing to do with it.)

Please read the Users Manual, Section 3.1.6, on how to set up Bluetooth, then come back with any questions and we can try to help from there. For a quick way to get there try doing this:

Alt-F1
Ctrl-F
bluetooth
(return twice)

Thanks.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Return to “General”