Distrowatch

wulf

Distrowatch

#1 Post by wulf »

MX about to move up in to 9th place at Distrowatch...

skidoo

Re: Distrowatch

#2 Post by skidoo »

When you visited the future, did you also notice the Linux Lite ranking?
Considering the download activity at sourceforge, along with the fact that Lite just published a new version release
(announced on DW main page today), I'm guessing their clickthru ranking will jump upward a bit.

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=lite

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

Hey, we're up with the big guys on the OSDisc ad there for now, too! That's probably based on the page hit ranking for the last 30 days.

skidoo

#4 Post by skidoo »

"With the OSDisc.com Affiliate Program you'll earn 40% on CDs, DVDs, and Software Repositories"

When the referring affiliate is DW, does the actual distro still receive part of the proceeds?

Adrian
Developer

#5 Post by Adrian »

SourceForge numbers don't show the entire picture at least for MX since people are directed to download MX mostly from our mirrors.

wulf

#6 Post by wulf »

@skidoo.. :) I swear there was one point in Hpd between Mx and TrueOs when I breezed on to Distrowatch this morning, ( UK time ). I didn't notice the Light release either, and it might not have been up at that point...I'm calling bleary eyed on my post...What Adrian said is true for my case. I came here to download the ISO.

chrispop99
Global Moderator

#7 Post by chrispop99 »

Inside the top ten today:
Screenshot.png
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

mx65

#8 Post by mx65 »

Xubuntu and MX Linux, my favorite distros. The Distrowatch ranking does not mean anything, it's very relative. If today Mx Linux was last in that ranking, I would still use it. If not, look at Debian, it is not first, however, it is for me, the best Linux mother distribution. Slackware is also excellent but it is not within the reach of a normal user.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#9 Post by Jerry3904 »

skidoo wrote:"With the OSDisc.com Affiliate Program you'll earn 40% on CDs, DVDs, and Software Repositories"

When the referring affiliate is DW, does the actual distro still receive part of the proceeds?
No, only from the links on our site. If you right-click the link, you will see that it ends in"affiliate=distrowatch" whereas ours ends in "affiliate=mx14"
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Return to “General”