Slimming down MX

Stevo
Developer

Re: Slimming down MX

#41 Post by Stevo »

It's just for watching Youtube videos outside of a browser, which can be useful if you have a machine that struggles with them in the browser, since an outside player can demand much less CPU cycles. But if you don't need it, you can boot it. We included it because it only needs a few hundred KB on the ISO.

Bierhundt

#42 Post by Bierhundt »

Stevo wrote:It's just for watching Youtube videos outside of a browser, which can be useful if you have a machine that struggles with them in the browser, since an outside player can demand much less CPU cycles. But if you don't need it, you can boot it. We included it because it only needs a few hundred KB on the ISO.
In that case, I'll keep it to see if it's something I can use .... THX

Bierhundt

#43 Post by Bierhundt »

Thx all, now that I've got most of the stuff the way I want them, (I finally removed Firefox and installed Seamonkey- (better than FF IMPO), the wife just told me she wants to start using Linux becuz her M$ 7 is getting funky on her Dell Latitude 430. So I've installed MX-17 on that little lappy. Now I've gotta go thru it all again to remove all of the excess/useless apps that are installed. (She sure likes the idea of auto updates just by clicking on the little green package!) Congrats and Thanks, to the devs. (This is the very first time she's ever wanted anything to do with Linux!!)
Bierhundt

Return to “General”