Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 17.1 releasing soon?

Message
Author
User avatar
MX<3
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am

MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#1 Post by MX<3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:19 pm

My MX 16.1 has died. I messed it up with changing repo's and stuff, early on, while I was total noob.

Now I have graduated and I'm at noob status. I really want to use MX again... it's been a week. I'm getting withdrawal.

Please tell me MX 17.1 is releasing very soon. I read somewhere here on the forum, that it was very close. I read that last week.

An early :happybday: present for me?
My Computer
Gigabyte B360M-DS3H Motherboard
Intel Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad Core CPU
2x 4GB DDR4 2400 Memory Modules
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Grfx Card
HDD x2 @ 1TB

User avatar
Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 22419
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#2 Post by Jerry3904 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Last testing with the new Debian upgrades is now in progress, hopefully shouldn't be long.
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

User avatar
MX<3
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#3 Post by MX<3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Jerry3904 wrote:Last testing with the new Debian upgrades is now in progress, hopefully shouldn't be long.
Excellent! Thanks Jerry. You are appreciated today.
My Computer
Gigabyte B360M-DS3H Motherboard
Intel Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad Core CPU
2x 4GB DDR4 2400 Memory Modules
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Grfx Card
HDD x2 @ 1TB

User avatar
Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 22419
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#4 Post by Jerry3904 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 pm

It doesn't happen often, especially in my house...

;-D
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

User avatar
Adrian
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 8867
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 am

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#5 Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Jerry3904 wrote:It doesn't happen often, especially in my house...

;-D
Nobody is a prophet in their own land...

User avatar
Buck Fankers
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#6 Post by Buck Fankers » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 pm

MX<3 wrote: Please tell me MX 17.1 is releasing very soon. I read somewhere here on the forum, that it was very close.
Well, RC1 is available. I put it on two computers (noob here also) and once we get final release i will upgrade. I'm not waiting ;-)

User avatar
Adrian
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 8867
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 am

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#7 Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Don't wait, RC1 will update to Final. If we change the wallpaper you might need to change that manually but that's about it.

User avatar
Gordon Cooper
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#8 Post by Gordon Cooper » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Adrian wrote:Don't wait, RC1 will update to Final. If we change the wallpaper you might need to change that manually but that's about it.
With 17.1 RC1 updating to final, should we continue to provide torrent downloads for 64 bit MX-17? There is an average of about 100 users seeding MX 17, do we phase it out?
Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
Primary OS : MX-17.1 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.
Dell9010, MX-17.1, Win7

User avatar
Adrian
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 8867
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 am

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#9 Post by Adrian » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:34 am

I think we'll need to phase it out, 17.1 will supersede 17.

User avatar
Gordon Cooper
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: MX 17.1 releasing soon?

#10 Post by Gordon Cooper » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:48 am

Thanks Adrian, my thoughts too, as I understand it there will be not an upgrade available for 17 to 17.1. Will close my 17 source for 64 bit MX. What about 32 bit?.
Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
Primary OS : MX-17.1 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.
Dell9010, MX-17.1, Win7

Post Reply

Return to “General”