Review:MX Linux MX-17 Horizon -2nd test, top notch, by Dedoimedo

GuiGuy

Re: Review:MX Linux MX-17 Horizon -2nd test, top notch, by Dedoimedo

#11 Post by GuiGuy »

asqwerth wrote:.........
I was puzzled by the text editor thing though. He was referring to mousepad as if that came with the iso.
In his first MX17 review he complained about featherpad's behaviour, and in the second he uses mousepad.
For me featherpad works OK, so I don't understand his criticism of it.

rasat

#12 Post by rasat »

I read the review...... great for MX Linux. I also tested the MS Office online. Didn't expect being so good. LibreOffice I stopped using since one year...... "monster". WPS Office is light and compatible (with MS files).
https://www.wps.com/

Stevo
Developer

#13 Post by Stevo »

GuiGuy wrote:
asqwerth wrote:.........
I was puzzled by the text editor thing though. He was referring to mousepad as if that came with the iso.
In his first MX17 review he complained about featherpad's behaviour, and in the second he uses mousepad.
For me featherpad works OK, so I don't understand his criticism of it.
Featherpad 0.7 on the ISO has a scrolling bug that annoyed him. It's since been fixed in versions we pushed to main, but he didn't run updates or check to see if that had been fixed. Mousepad is a good, very basic editor, but Featherpad packs a lot of features in a very small footprint and is getting better all the time. It started out as a GTK app, which would have made xfce purists happier, but the developer felt limited by GTK and switched to Qt5 instead.

Return to “General”