snapshot

mx65

snapshot

#1 Post by mx65 »

It would be interesting that when doing an iso image to reinstall in another pc, it keeps the configurations done, so as not to have to reconfigure everything again, as for example that the browser keeps the plugins added and the web page established as initial, the bar of menu in the chosen position, applications configured to start with the sessions, etc., that is, the first option of snapshot "accounts preserved" but to be installed in another PC :happy:

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: snapshot

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

mx65 wrote:It would be interesting that when doing an iso image to reinstall in another pc, it keeps the configurations done, so as not to have to reconfigure everything again, as for example that the browser keeps the plugins added and the web page established as initial, the bar of menu in the chosen position, applications configured to start with the sessions, etc., that is, the first option of snapshot "accounts preserved" but to be installed in another PC :happy:

anything you want to survive a "general" snapshot should be sync'd up into /etc/skel/.config.... from your home folder before running the general snapshot.

/etc/skel is where the default user settings are stored.

You *can* install a personal snapshot onto multiple PC's, although every pc you do that on will have the same account name.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

richb
Administrator

#3 Post by richb »

Actually I did that with MX Snapshot. Made a snap of my AMD processor desktop and installed to my Intel CPU laptop. All configs were in place. Dropbox had to be re-registered to the laptop, but that was about it.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

mx65

#4 Post by mx65 »

thank you very much Dolphin

Return to “General”