Monthly snapshot announcement

fehlix
Developer

Re: Monthly snapshot announcement

#71 Post by fehlix »

Adrian wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:46 am I built the zsync, it's really easy, you just run "zsyncmake -e filename" and it takes seconds... you just need the server to support fragment downloading (I think mxrepo.com doesn't)

I would really like to take Fehlix script and modify it a bit make it more general and put in the download folder of Snapshots on Sourceforge.

My desired features:
- remove "doit" because it's not something that everybody has, it's not installed by default on MX I think. What does it actually do, I'm not familiar with it?
- use a generic name for the script "downloadMXsnapshot.sh" and pull the name of the last snapshot from Sourceforge
- maybe use a switch/option for 32bit instead of relying on the file name, so by default it would download 64bit and then if you run "donwloadMXsnapshot.sh -32" it would get the 32bit...
- get the signature keys only if they are not already installed
- generalize a bit the input file try to use all the older .isos of the same arch, then try the most recent of a different arch, even if you download 32 bit and use 64 bit ISO as input you still get a considerable saving in terms of bandwidth.

Can a script wizard take a look at this?
Thanks. I will have a look and do adjust accordingly :puppy:
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

xali

#72 Post by xali »

i installed mx in a usb stick by using the july snapshot (using snapshots is very convenient, thank you adrian), but when i opened thunderbird the message about the old icedove profile appeared. if someone installs mx for the first tme and sees that message, this might not give a good impression, i think.

fehlix
Developer

#73 Post by fehlix »

xali wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:02 am i installed mx in a usb stick by using the july snapshot (using snapshots is very convenient, thank you adrian), but when i opened thunderbird the message about the old icedove profile appeared. if someone installs mx for the first tme and sees that message, this might not give a good impression, i think.
IIRC, the only tool which created an empty .icedove folder we have seen so far was firejail. If you have firejail, you might adjust firejail conf
to exclude .icedove, as it will otherwise create an empty .icedove folder, which results in the thunderbird complaining message.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

xali

#74 Post by xali »

aha...
yes i use firejail. (it is one of the first things i install)
so this caused the icedove message. thanks fehlix.
Last edited by xali on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian
Developer

#75 Post by Adrian »

Thanks for the report, can you please post a screenshot because I am not sure what you are talking about, I just installed it the snapshot in VBox and I don't see any message when I start Thunderbird. Have you reused /home by any chance?

EDIT: oh, Fehlix solves the mystery one more time :happy:

sivaraj

#76 Post by sivaraj »

If the Installation using MX17.1 july snapshot iso ,it reports dependency issue to install Adobe acrobat and Wine through mx-package installer .
Also Lazarus ide installation failed
But all these installs works fine if i use march MX-17.1 iso
What changed in between

chrispop99
Global Moderator

#77 Post by chrispop99 »

sivaraj wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:56 am If the Installation using MX17.1 july snapshot iso ,it reports dependency issue to install Adobe acrobat and Wine through mx-package installer .
Also Lazarus ide installation failed
But all these installs works fine if i use march MX-17.1 iso
What changed in between
Did you mean Adobe Reader?

On a test install, I also experienced the same failures. See attached for details.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

chrispop99
Global Moderator

#78 Post by chrispop99 »

...and for Adobe reader:

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

sivaraj

#79 Post by sivaraj »

[/quote]

Did you mean Adobe Reader?

On a test install, I also experienced the same failures. See attached for details.

Chris
[/quote]

Yes Chris same dependency errors

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#80 Post by dolphin_oracle »

I think the problem is libfontconfig1 library. which recently updated, and then was scaled back. the problem is the 32 bit version of the library, which adobe-reader (acroread) requires is conflicting with the 64 bit version (the 32 bit library and the 64 bit library versions need to match).

at least I think that's the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Return to “General”