Signed iso files

lucky9

Re: Signed iso files

#31 Post by lucky9 »

Even ubuntu doesn't simplify things to the extent that you propose. Our MX Package Manager gives limited choices in each of it's categories. Which is about all that I personally think is needed.

Search skills are something that have to be encouraged as far as I'm concerned. There is google to help narrow a search.
But truncating Synaptic isn't something that would be popular I suspect.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Jerry3904
Administrator

#32 Post by Jerry3904 »

@Belham: we're holding a discussion among Dev Team members on this topic ATM, since this question has come up before.

@lucky9: no one is talking about "truncating Synaptic," whatever that might mean.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

lucky9

#33 Post by lucky9 »

Abstracts are always subject to interpretation. Not sure my meaning was clear.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

m_pav
Developer

#34 Post by m_pav »

Jerry3904 wrote:Googling that error message shows proxy or firewall can cause that.
Thanks for that Jerry, We have a proxy at work, but nothing at home and my home connection is where I was trying to download the keys. I had tried 3 different installations and 2 live-USB boots all with the same result!
After reading your reply, I switched to my laptops mobile data card and tried the command with the mobile data active, the command completed without error.

This has highlighted an issue I have to raise with my ISP because I signed up with them under the understanding they would NEVER put a proxy in my path.
Mike P

Regd Linux User #472293
(Daily) Lenovo T560, i7-6600U, 16GB, 2.0TB SSD, MX_ahs
(ManCave) AMD FX 6100 CPU, nVidia, 8Gb, 3.25TB mixed, MX_ahs
(Spare)2017 Macbook Air 7,2, 8GB, 256GB SSD, MX_ahs

Return to “General”