MX-14.2 email notifier?

namida12

MX-14.2 email notifier?

#1 Post by namida12 »

Is there one email notifier for Yahoo & Gmail, that can be installed in MX-14.2.

A friend is using Yahoo & Gmail websites for email, and not a email client...

JR

Adrian
Developer

Re: MX-14.2 email notifier?

#2 Post by Adrian »

For Gmail I would just turn on the "Unread message icon" lab that displays the number of unread messages, I also see a notification when I get a new message, I don't think I did anything to see that. You really don't needs a special program for that, although I think there are a number in the repo, just search for "gmail".

Can't talk about Yahoo, I don't use it.

namida12

#3 Post by namida12 »

Adrian wrote:For Gmail I would just turn on the "Unread message icon" lab that displays the number of unread messages, I also see a notification when I get a new message, I don't think I did anything to see that. You really don't needs a special program for that, although I think there are a number in the repo, just search for "gmail".

Can't talk about Yahoo, I don't use it.
Thanks for rapid response. Tis funny he has used Yahoo for years, gmail occasionally, the opposite of you and me...

JR

richb
Administrator

#4 Post by richb »

I use Checker Plus extension for GMail. Pops up a notification window and optionally speaks the Gmail subject, and sender. That is with Google Chrome, but there are similar ones for Firefox.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Ben

email notifier?

#5 Post by Ben »

Bonjour, j'ai le dernier mx je suis novice dans Linux. Comment avoir une notification de mes email Gmail sur mon bureau ?

richb
Administrator

#6 Post by richb »

This topic is almost 7 years old and for an old version of MX. Please do not add posts to topics this old. Start a new topic with your question.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “Older Versions”