(Solved) Panel hiding bottom of applications

michel

(Solved) Panel hiding bottom of applications

#1 Post by michel »

Hello,

I am back to Mepis after many years and I am in the process of setting things up.

I have placed my panel at the bottom of the screen and it is setup to be always on (I don't like the appearing and dissapearing thing)

When my applications are maximised, the bottom is hidden by the panel and important informations and buttons are inacssesible.

Is there a way to make the applications snap to the top of the panel when maximised?

Thanks,

Michel
Last edited by michel on Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Panel hiding bottom of applications

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

I am back to Mepis after many years
You can never go back, buddy--this is MX Linux! If you right-click the panel > Panel > Panel Preferences, is the box checked for "Don't reserve space on borders?" If yes, uncheck it.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

michel

Re: Panel hiding bottom of applications

#3 Post by michel »

:happy: Helpfull and efficinet as always Jerry. Yes it worked. Thanks !

Michel

prich

Re: (Solved) Panel hiding bottom of applications

#4 Post by prich »

Hi,
Not sure if my problem is same as this thread mine is:
Some windows are 'too big' for the screen. Today's example is the "Could not download all repository indexes' window within Synaptic package manager. When displayed this window is taller than the screen allows and resizing is not permitted - this is a little odd as the window incorporates a very large text box which is 90% empty.
May be related to the previous entries here - I have the panel at the top. The solution above (space reservation was unchecked)
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Peter

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”