Using a USB stick - icon (SOLVED)

barnaby

Using a USB stick - icon (SOLVED)

#1 Post by barnaby »

I am fairly new to MX. With all previous distros, whenever I insert a USB stick into the relevant slot two things occur. An icon appears on the desktop and shortly afterwards the contents of the stick show up on the screen via my file manager, usually Thunar. Now in MX 18 the listing in Thunar appears after a short interval. However I do not see any new icon on the desktop. I use this to make sure that it is safe to remove the stick. Am I missing something somewhere please?
Last edited by barnaby on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

fehlix
Developer

Re: Using a USB stick - icon

#2 Post by fehlix »

barnaby wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:05 am I am fairly new to MX. With all previous distros, whenever I insert a USB stick into the relevant slot two things occur. An icon appears on the desktop and shortly afterwards the contents of the stick show up on the screen via my file manager, usually Thunar. Now in MX 18 the listing in Thunar appears after a short interval. However I do not see any new icon on the desktop. I use this to make sure that it is safe to remove the stick. Am I missing something somewhere please?
Right click on Desktop -> Desktop settings -> Icons -> Default Icons -> Select Removable Devices
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

barnaby

Re: Using a USB stick - icon

#3 Post by barnaby »

That was easy. Thanks. Perhaps, as an excuse, I should add that I have never needed to do that before. It must have been all set up automatically already with all my previous distros.

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”