Panel in full screen

wulf

Panel in full screen

#1 Post by wulf »

Does anyone have a solution for showing the panel when in full screen mode with a Firefox based browser?. I have my panel set to auto hide, and that's the way I like it. If I need to pull up something whilst browsing the web, I just mouse over it and it appears, but in full screen mode it's unresponsive. Sure, I can press the menu key on the keyboard, or F11 to come out of full screen to access it, but what I really want is to mouse over in full screen to make it appear. There used to be an add-on called semi-full screen that did this, but it no longer works. I've been delving into about:config and searching the net for the past week, but I can't find a fix for this..

manyroads

Re: Panel in full screen

#2 Post by manyroads »

Are you using the xfce4 panel or something like Plank or Docky? Auto-hide can be problematic with the native xfce4 panel if it is set to "Intelligently".... :( If you have it set to "Intelligently" try the "Always" setting. If that doesn't work I'd recommend trying to use "Plank".
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

wulf

#3 Post by wulf »

by manyroads » 09 Nov 2018, 19:05
Are you using the xfce4 panel or something like Plank or Docky? Auto-hide can be problematic with the native xfce4 panel if it is set to "Intelligently".... :( If you have it set to "Intelligently" try the "Always" setting. If that doesn't work I'd recommend trying to use "Plank"..
Sorry, I should have made that clear. Yes, I'm using xfce4 panel and it's set to automatically hide, and works fine in every respect apart from this particular scenario. From what I've read, I think this is a "problem" with some other browsers and o/s as well, not just Mozilla based such as Waterfox that I'm using.

PondLife

#4 Post by PondLife »

Have tried this with Waterfox full screen and both Intelligently and Always hide set and they work OK for me. Tried messing around with the panel settings but afraid I cannot replicate what you are seeing.

wulf

#5 Post by wulf »

#4 Post by PondLife » 09 Nov 2018, 19:38
Have tried this with Waterfox full screen and both Intelligently and Always hide set and they work OK for me. Tried messing around with the panel settings but afraid I cannot replicate what you are seeing.
MX-17.1_x64 | i3-4360T | 4GB RAM | Samsung 250GB SSD
Thank you. Just to clarify, if you have Waterfox in full screen mode, and you then move your mouse cursor to where your panel sits, it appears under your mouse pointer?

manyroads

#6 Post by manyroads »

Based on @pondlife's test, it sounds like you have a customized feature @wulf. :(
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

wulf

#7 Post by wulf »

by manyroads » 09 Nov 2018, 20:35
Based on @pondlife's test, it sounds like you have a customized feature @wulf. :(
Looks like it...Seems like I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

Redacted

#8 Post by Redacted »

I can confirm, wulf, that with my Seamonkey, the panel will not appear when in full screen mode.
I tried with both automatically and intelligently hide.
As a matter of fact, that's why I've never browsed full screen.

wulf

#9 Post by wulf »

Thanks Redacted. I don't know if it would require a java script for the browser or a script for xfce panel to make it work as I want, but it seems to be working for PondLife, above, so I'm stumped.

Gordon Cooper

#10 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Adding to Redacted's comment. I use Palemoon with panel normally om the left. But cannot display panel in full screen.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”