Panel in full screen

PondLife

Re: Panel in full screen

#11 Post by PondLife »

by wulf » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:13 pm Thank you. Just to clarify, if you have Waterfox in full screen mode, and you then move your mouse cursor to where your panel sits, it appears under your mouse pointer?
Just to confirm, with Waterfox full screen and the panel set to Intelligently or Always hide if I move the mouse to the edge of the screen the panel appears. Have tried this with the panel both on the LHS and bottom and it works for both.

fehlix
Developer

#12 Post by fehlix »

PondLife wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:32 am with Waterfox full screen
There are two types of "full screen":
Window maximized: Alt+F10
and
Window full screen: F11
Panel does not show up in F11-full screen, at least for my installed MX17.1 Xfce.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

PondLife

#13 Post by PondLife »

Thanks fehlix I did not know there were two types of full screen. About 10yrs of using Linux how have I managed to miss this? Plus I presume its the same in Windows which makes matters even worse.

So with Alt+F10 the panel works as intended but with F11 it does not. Apologies all if I have caused some confusion here.

wulf

#14 Post by wulf »

#13 Post by PondLife » 10 Nov 2018, 19:27
Thanks fehlix I did not know there were two types of full screen. About 10yrs of using Linux how have I managed to miss this? Plus I presume its the same in Windows which makes matters even worse.

So with Alt+F10 the panel works as intended but with F11 it does not. Apologies all if I have caused some confusion here.
No worries :)...It just made me more determined to find a solution when I thought yours was working in a way that mine was not. On the face of it, it doesn't seem much of a thing for Mozilla to code for, but there must be more to it than that, otherwise it would have been integrated into the browser years ago. I'm thinking it might raise focus conflicts?...I found this useful looking web page, but have not had time to read through it properly yet > https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... screen_API
On the upside, whilst wandering through about:config, I came across this setting> toolkit.cosmeticAnimations.enabled ...Setting it to false makes the toolbar snap up instantly, as opposed to the slower roll-up it normally performs when entering full screen...Yeah, I know, small things for small minds :happy:

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”