Whiskermenu edits in gtk-3.0

1E1E1E

Re: Whiskermenu edits in gtk-3.0

#11 Post by 1E1E1E »

@asqwerth

Like the light grey background. Easy on the eyes.

manyroads

#12 Post by manyroads »

I have my mods in the gtk-3.0 folder... your edits/ changes look like they should work just fine.

I know this is obvious but did you verify that your main theme calls the gtk.css stylesheet?
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

asqwerth
Developer

#13 Post by asqwerth »

manyroads wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:04 pm I have my mods in the gtk-3.0 folder... your edits/ changes look like they should work just fine.
I tried adding my changes to the gtk-3.0 folder files first, but it didn't seem to affect the whisker menu at all. Only editing the /gtk-3.20/gtk-dark.css file worked. At least for this oomox-numix theme.
...I know this is obvious but did you verify that your main theme calls the gtk.css stylesheet?
I assume you are referring to the oomox theme and not the greybird theme.

The gtk-dark.css file originally had this line:

Code: Select all

@import url("resource:///org/numixproject/gtk-3.20/dist/gtk-dark.css");
Are you referring to that? I just added the rest of my edits before this line and left the latter as the last line.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

manyroads

#14 Post by manyroads »

Yes... you might try doing an import of your gtk-3.0/gtk.css
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

asqwerth
Developer

#15 Post by asqwerth »

manyroads wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:35 pm Yes... you might try doing an import of your gtk-3.0/gtk.css
All the css files in gtk-3.0/ subfolder had only that one line. The meat of the theming appeared to be in the css files in gtk-3.0/dist/ subfolder.

[ADDED]
Based on the one-liner in the .css files, I would assume all the stuff in the gtk-3.20/dist subfolders were imported from the numix dev's resources webpage. I guess that for oomox-numix variants, they save on the heavy work that way.

For another theme, if I have to import over a specific css stylesheet file, what is the syntax for the import command?

Code: Select all

@import url("$HOME/.themes/themename/gtk-3.0/gtk.css");

?
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”