xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#1 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

I have xfce4-weather-plugin-0.8.9-1 installed and if I go to change the location to anything new by using the change button on the location tab of the properties panel, no cities show up. If I put in any fairly well known city like Oakland or Los Angeles and hit search, I get no hits. Anybody else seeing this?

I can enter new Lat/Lon numbers for the locations I want and get updated weather but can't tell if it's the correct location by text.

- mike
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

rich

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#2 Post by rich »

Yep, can confirm "Find" is not working here either

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

Buster has 0.8.10...

rich

#4 Post by rich »

Stevo wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:58 pm Buster has 0.8.10...
0.8.10 works
Screenshot_20180602_220751.png
edit - wow it's hot in las vegas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

Here's the backports, then. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KkmvB ... 1Rb5tx_aaF

Sending to main.

Mauser

#6 Post by Mauser »

mmikeinsantarosa wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 pm I have xfce4-weather-plugin-0.8.9-1 installed and if I go to change the location to anything new by using the change button on the location tab of the properties panel, no cities show up. If I put in any fairly well known city like Oakland or Los Angeles and hit search, I get no hits. Anybody else seeing this?

I can enter new Lat/Lon numbers for the locations I want and get updated weather but can't tell if it's the correct location by text.

- mike
I have the same problem with it. I put my location in from Google Earth condordanist into it and it doesn't display the correct weather. Please forgive my spelling.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Mauser

#7 Post by Mauser »

Stevo wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:18 pm Here's the backports, then. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KkmvB ... 1Rb5tx_aaF

Sending to main.
I can download it but I can't install it. I get as far as extract. Extract to where? How do I install it?
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

rich

#8 Post by rich »

Mauser wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:45 pmI can download it but I can't install it. I get as far as extract. Extract to where? How do I install it?
I would go to the directory it's downloaded to and use dpkg -i to install it like:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i $PACKAGE_NAME

Mauser

#9 Post by Mauser »

rich wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:49 pm
Mauser wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:45 pmI can download it but I can't install it. I get as far as extract. Extract to where? How do I install it?
I would go to the directory it's downloaded to and use dpkg -i to install it like:

sudo dpkg -i $PACKAGE_NAME
That doesn't work.

dpkg: error: --install needs at least one package archive file argument

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use 'apt' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or 'more' !

rich

#10 Post by rich »

Can you substitute the actual name of the package for $PACKAGE_NAME

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”