Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

Message
Author
User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2525
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#1 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 pm

I have xfce4-weather-plugin-0.8.9-1 installed and if I go to change the location to anything new by using the change button on the location tab of the properties panel, no cities show up. If I put in any fairly well known city like Oakland or Los Angeles and hit search, I get no hits. Anybody else seeing this?

I can enter new Lat/Lon numbers for the locations I want and get updated weather but can't tell if it's the correct location by text.

- mike
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
rich
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#2 Post by rich » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Yep, can confirm "Find" is not working here either
I read a book about Narcissism
And I loved it cuz
It was all about me.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 17016
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#3 Post by Stevo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Buster has 0.8.10...

User avatar
rich
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#4 Post by rich » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Stevo wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:58 pm
Buster has 0.8.10...
0.8.10 works
Screenshot_20180602_220751.png
edit - wow it's hot in las vegas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I read a book about Narcissism
And I loved it cuz
It was all about me.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 17016
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#5 Post by Stevo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Here's the backports, then. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KkmvB ... 1Rb5tx_aaF

Sending to main.

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#6 Post by Mauser » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:40 pm

mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 pm
I have xfce4-weather-plugin-0.8.9-1 installed and if I go to change the location to anything new by using the change button on the location tab of the properties panel, no cities show up. If I put in any fairly well known city like Oakland or Los Angeles and hit search, I get no hits. Anybody else seeing this?

I can enter new Lat/Lon numbers for the locations I want and get updated weather but can't tell if it's the correct location by text.

- mike
I have the same problem with it. I put my location in from Google Earth condordanist into it and it doesn't display the correct weather. Please forgive my spelling.

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#7 Post by Mauser » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:45 pm

Stevo wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:18 pm
Here's the backports, then. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KkmvB ... 1Rb5tx_aaF

Sending to main.
I can download it but I can't install it. I get as far as extract. Extract to where? How do I install it?

User avatar
rich
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#8 Post by rich » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:49 pm

Mauser wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:45 pm
I can download it but I can't install it. I get as far as extract. Extract to where? How do I install it?
I would go to the directory it's downloaded to and use dpkg -i to install it like:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i $PACKAGE_NAME
I read a book about Narcissism
And I loved it cuz
It was all about me.

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#9 Post by Mauser » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:54 pm

rich wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:49 pm
Mauser wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:45 pm
I can download it but I can't install it. I get as far as extract. Extract to where? How do I install it?
I would go to the directory it's downloaded to and use dpkg -i to install it like:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i $PACKAGE_NAME
That doesn't work.

Code: Select all

dpkg: error: --install needs at least one package archive file argument

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use 'apt' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or 'more' !

User avatar
rich
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Re: xfce4-weather-plugin search stopped working

#10 Post by rich » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Can you substitute the actual name of the package for $PACKAGE_NAME
I read a book about Narcissism
And I loved it cuz
It was all about me.

Post Reply

Return to “Desktop Environment”