REQUEST? MX Tools - Control Panel - CP removal possible?

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: REQUEST? MX Tools - Control Panel - CP removal possible?

#31 Post by Jerry3904 »

It's not you...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

oops

#32 Post by oops »

Richard wrote:Ok. Apologies. I must have misread and misunderstood.
I think you are apologizing to a probable spambot / artificial intelligence ;-)
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

richb
Administrator

#33 Post by richb »

Moderator Comment

Let us not resort to disparaging remarks.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

oops

#34 Post by oops »

I can remove my post if you want ?
(the humoristic things depend on each countries, each area zones, each families .. so ... )
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

fehlix
Developer

#35 Post by fehlix »

oops wrote:I can remove my post if you want ?
Please don't do that!
(the humoristic things depend on each countries, each area zones, each families .. so ... )
Well the story goes that there also might be some areas here [de] where you might spot the one or the other humoristic exercise. But sure those will never comparable to the fine-grained sense of humor found in english language. Don’t worry they appear sometime rough but after a while you might start even begin to laugh about the type of sometime short jokings. :turtle: ... Ok that might take some time .. :happy:
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

oops

#36 Post by oops »

Ok Fehlix (Félix in French), but I don't want to hurt some susceptibilities, in case of.

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#37 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Guys, please stay on topic, we're veering off here.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

linwinux

#38 Post by linwinux »

Richard wrote:I don't understand.
You want a distro that works as you wish it to work.
Why do you think the MX devs should share your vision?
Ran out of time yesterday. Regarding your comments ...
I don't :exclamation: But this does happen to be a technical forum and many if not most technical forums welcome suggestions, requests, and ideas, in order to get discussions for improvement going. Nothing is perfect and I don't expect the developers of MX Linux to heed what I have to say. That's their business. Don't know if you noticed or not, but my thread title contains two questionmarks. Not because I expect for anyone to do anything in particular, but because something had me questioning things that I found to be somewhat confusing, thereby worthy of starting a thread here.

Richard wrote:Just because it might be easier for "professional computer" users
to get started? My experience is that most corporate systems are
configured by in house techs to provide the look and feel they
believe is correct.
I think comparing MX Linux to how corporate environments set things up is ... well, silly. (sorry). That's what Red Hat, Ubuntu, and perhaps Suse are about. MX Linux was presented to me by reading dozens of blog posts on the Internet which had to do exclusively with performance and ease of use on old computers. Since I enjoy getting others to use Linux cheaply, often people who have little to no computer experience, and sometimes people who are just plain sick of Windows with it's associated fees & problems, it made perfect sense for me to view MX Linux as a solution for those people. Considering how I've installed MX Linux 17 on three different, 10 year old machines at this point, with what to me appears to be mind boggling performance after each install, I'm obviously on the right track. ;)

And the thought that MX Linux shouldn't be for first time computer users is just plain absurd. There are literally thousands of XFCE specific blog posts and forum threads Online which talk about how XFCE is the perfect environment for newcomers and people who are looking to switch from Windows to Linux. I happen to agree with that because everyone whom I have ever helped to make that switch, received my customized even easier version of the XFCE desktop. But because it's more pleasant to me personally, to be able to install just a single distro on new as well as older machines, it prompts me to make some suggestions or ask some questions, based on my prior experiences with Debian, Xubuntu, Ubuntu, and Mint.
Richard wrote:I think you should build it as you wish. Configure, install, remove,
tweak & document to your heart's content. Then use MX-Snapshot to build an ISO.
Exactly :exclamation: But that doesn't mean that I can't be a forum member with my own ideas or suggestions, and that I should just crawl back into a hole in order to shut up and let things be as they are, does it ??? That's what many forums & think tanks are all about, productive discussions and the exchange of thoughts and ideas, to figure out how to improve whatever an issue may be.
Richard wrote:Use this as a base, continue tweaking your vision of an ideal environment.
When you feel it is perfect, take another snapshot. Post a link to that snapshot
in a thread about your community build. Those interested can download
and see how it might work for them or for others. I would like to have
such a version on my Easy2Boot stick to use for anyone who wants to try
Linux. At present, I usually offer LinuxMint for learning.
Linux Mint is a terrible suggestion for old computers, especially ones that are 10 years old or even older. Using a computer is not just about having an Operating System that is able to function, but also about having an Operating System that can function and perform as well as possible, since it's such performance ... combined with looks and ease of use ... that makes everyone happy, including most experienced computer users. ;)
I'm looking for a single Linux distro solution. I believe that I have found that solution with MX Linux. ;)
PEACE

asqwerth
Developer

#39 Post by asqwerth »

The Dev Team welcomes suggestions and ideas but they have to weigh the preferences and usage of different users and groups, as well as their own views. Some recent changes/adjustments in MX Linux that came from suggestions and comments include: adding the option of auto-upgrades in MX-Updater, or the description for MX-Tweak in MX-Welcome being adjusted to make it clearer that one could adjust panels using MX Tweak. Even the addition of a few icon sets and gtk themes in MXPI Popular Apps came about from a (then) new user's suggestion.

It just happens that this proposal of yours, as found in your OP, does not appear to be gaining any traction at all, based on the other posts.

Please continue to give feedback - in separate new threads for each different topic/proposal.

But if a particular proposal is not agreed with, it doesn't mean the Dev team refuses to hear you in general. It just means that on this point they don't agree. And if other non-Dev posters are also disagreeing with you as is the case in this thread, perhaps you should accept that your view is not in the majority here.

Remember this relates only to the default setup; you can change it your way for your respins.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

linwinux

#40 Post by linwinux »

asqwerth wrote:But if a particular proposal is not agreed with, it doesn't mean the Dev team refuses to hear you in general. It just means that on this point they don't agree. And if other non-Dev posters are also disagreeing with you as is the case in this thread, perhaps you should accept that your view is not in the majority here.
I accept that completely and apologize if that wasn't clear. I thought that my last answer did make that pretty clear. I was merely responding to comments that didn't really have anything to do with the removal or re-positioning of MX Tools, to further clarify what was being said or understood. My entire last comment, directed primarily ar Richard, was just a response that didn't really have anything to do with the actual thread title. As far as I'm concerned this thread can be locked since there really isn't anything else to say about it ... I'm leaving, I'm leaving already ... :happy: ... :turtle: .....
PEACE

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”