Mx Budgie

vamsi

Mx Budgie

#1 Post by vamsi »

Installed MX Budgie from MXPinstaller and now there are some issues with it if i click on show desktop icons it is not showing any icons on desktop and it is quite good by the way how can i move the taskbar to bottom on MX Budgie

Thanks.. :happy:

asqwerth
Developer

Re: Mx Budgie

#2 Post by asqwerth »

Which "show desktop icons" thing are you clicking on? If it's the same one as from XFCE it won't work because you are not running xfce.

You'll need to open the Raven right panel of Budgie (the arrow button at top right), and look for the panel settings, then add Budgie's own show desktop applet to the budgie panel. I can't recall if this older version of Budgie has the ability to move panel from top to bottom. Check the settings in Raven panel.

In the latest version available with Solus, there is a Budgie Settings (like the XFCE Settings control centre) from which you can adjust the panel's position.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

vamsi

#3 Post by vamsi »

asqwerth wrote:Which "show desktop icons" thing are you clicking on? If it's the same one as from XFCE it won't work because you are not running xfce.

You'll need to open the Raven right panel of Budgie (the arrow button at top right), and look for the panel settings, then add Budgie's own show desktop applet to the budgie panel. I can't recall if this older version of Budgie has the ability to move panel from top to bottom. Check the settings in Raven panel.

In the latest version available with Solus, there is a Budgie Settings (like the XFCE Settings control centre) from which you can adjust the panel's position.
I was able to move the panel to bottom and under Gnometweaktool under there there is an option to show icons and trash and home folder some of them are selected default. By the way the whisker menu or what that is called i don't know but it is occupying more than half of the screen size it could have been small but anyway it is good experience using MX Budgie.. :happy: :happy:

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

Just so you understand: those window manager links are provided in Package Installer solely for the user's convenience. There is no official MX Budgie version or support.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

vamsi

#5 Post by vamsi »

Jerry3904 wrote:Just so you understand: those window manager links are provided in Package Installer solely for the user's convenience. There is no official MX Budgie version or support.
No Prob! just playing with MX :happy: :happy:

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”