How to change GLtext font size in XScreensaver???

Lumenate

How to change GLtext font size in XScreensaver???

#1 Post by Lumenate »

I would like to change the font size of the displayed text on the GLtext XScreensaver. I have searched and it appears a file needs to be edited, but which one in MX-16.1 32 bit???

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: How to change GLtext font size in XScreensaver???

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

I searched your subject line in Google and see lots of useful hits on the first page.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Lumenate

Re: How to change GLtext font size in XScreensaver???

#3 Post by Lumenate »

I attempted to follow some of those useful hits on the first page such as "a quick look through the strings in the binary of the application shows a typical X11 resource for the title font:"
I attempted to look at the binary for GLtext. Located in /usr/lib/xscreensaver/. The option available was leafpad. Only 7 characters appeared. Four of the characters appeared to be Hex, looking like a square with 4 characters inside. For example, the first one had 007F. Then 'ELF', the second, 0001, third, 0001, fourth, 0001. The rest of the binary gltext was blank. I did not see anything that looked like what was discussed in the hits in google. Is there a better program to view these files?
Thanks

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”