-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

SOLVED - Panel date & time with adjustable font color?

HessenZone
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

SOLVED - Panel date & time with adjustable font color?

#1 Post by HessenZone » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:39 am

When you open up the panel settings and click on the option to add another object, there are already 3 different ones there, for selecting the time/date to appear in the panel. What's puzzling me is the fact that I can't seem to find the right one which will work great with transparency in the panel. Either the font is too dark, so it's almost impossible to view the time/date on a desktop that's pretty dark. Or the font is too light, so now it's almost invisible when the dektop background image is very light on the bottom. I would like for the time/date display to be visible at all times, regardless if the mouse cursor is there, or not.

Is there some way on one of those three time/date objects, to also alter the font color of the text, and if not, could someone help me to implement this color function? I don't remember off-hand which of the three it is, but one of them permits for minor coding to appear. For example, I use a slightly smaller font, but I have the bold tag on the line for the font, and it works. Can't figure out how to change the text color though.
mxlinux_date_time_panel.jpg
mxlinux_date_time_panel2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HessenZone on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

MX Linux Rocks, in America, in Europa, in Australien, einfach ÜBERALL. :linuxlove:

richb
Administrator

Re: Panel date & time with adjustable font color?

#2 Post by richb » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:47 am

Orage clock has set foreground color option for the text.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 17.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

HessenZone
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: Panel date & time with adjustable font color?

#3 Post by HessenZone » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:03 am

OF COURSE ... That must be why I wasn't using it. :frustrated: :bricksfall: :hitmyhead: :spank: :duh: Thanks. :happy: :number1:

It would still be nice to have that transparency option though. That way the orage time background would always match the desktop background.

MX Linux Rocks, in America, in Europa, in Australien, einfach ÜBERALL. :linuxlove:

Return to “Installation”