Amateur Radio packages for MX? **SOLVED**

Lfever

Amateur Radio packages for MX? **SOLVED**

#1 Post by Lfever »

I have a very nice IBM T43 laptop that that I want to use for amateur radio use. I have Antix on it but am thinkibg of switching to MX. Antix has a slew of packages for Amateur Radio in the repo but MX has none. What can I do to get those packages on MX?

Thanks
Last edited by Lfever on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lfever

Linux and Amateur Radio is a perfect marriage!
Amateur Radio Call: W3IE

kmathern
Developer

Re: Amateur Radio packages for MX?

#2 Post by kmathern »

If your sources are setup correctly you should find quite a few hamradio related packages in the Debian Wheezy repos: https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/hamradio/, depending on which version of antiX you're using there might be some additional hamradio packages in the Jessie repos.

Maybe Tim will also reply. I think he's Ham radio operator and is probably more familiar with the hamradio related packages than I am.

Lfever

#3 Post by Lfever »

kmathern wrote:If your sources are setup correctly you should find quite a few hamradio related packages in the Debian Wheezy repos: https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/hamradio/, depending on which version of antiX you're using there might be some additional hamradio packages in the Jessie repos.

Maybe Tim will also reply. I think he's Ham radio operator and is probably more familiar with the hamradio related packages than I am.
I added that repo to my sources list and it gave me errors so I removed it. But now the Amateur Radio section is listed in synaptic and there are a bunch of packages! Maybe they were there in the first place and I didn't see them! :blindfold: I am scheduled for an eye exam next month :frown:
Lfever

kmathern
Developer

#4 Post by kmathern »

Lfever wrote:...I added that repo to my sources list and it gave me errors so I removed it. ...
I'm sorry if I confused you. The link I posted earlier wasn't a repo entry, it was to show you the hamradio related source packages.
Lfever wrote:...But now the Amateur Radio section is listed in synaptic and there are a bunch of packages! Maybe they were there in the first place and I didn't see them! :blindfold: I am scheduled for an eye exam next month :frown:
Just reloading the repos was probably enough to get them to show up.

Gordon Cooper

Re: Amateur Radio packages for MX? **SOLVED**

#5 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Lfever wrote:I have a very nice IBM T43 laptop that that I want to use for amateur radio use. I have Antix on it but am thinkibg of switching to MX. Antix has a slew of packages for Amateur Radio in the repo but MX has none. What can I do to get those packages on MX?

Thanks
Curiosity. Which packages do you use?
Gordon ZL1KL

Lfever

Re: Amateur Radio packages for MX? **SOLVED**

#6 Post by Lfever »

I'm sorry if I confused you. The link I posted earlier wasn't a repo entry, it was to show you the hamradio related source packages.
I see that now :footinmouth: Glad to have that link.
Just reloading the repos was probably enough to get them to show up.
I think I just missed seeing them as I had reloaded synamtic previously
Thanks for your help kmathern
Curiosity. Which packages do you use?
Gordon ZL1KL
I haven't used any yet but I want to start with some of the cw programs first as cw is my favorite mode of operation but I've been off the air for quite awhile due to health reasons and I want to get back into the swing of things. I also have a SDR project that I am working on but it is progressing rather slowly :turtle: It involves SMT and I need to get a few items to continue with that, mainly a stereo microscope so I can see what I'm soldering. I'm experimenting with a digital camera to substitute for the microscope as funds are a bit tight right now. :frown:
Mike
Lfever

Return to “Older Versions”