Snapshot fail

NGIB

Re: Snapshot fail

#11 Post by NGIB »

BitJam wrote:
anticapitalista wrote:
NGIB wrote:Swapped the file on the USB and it booted and installed fine. Do I need to make any changes to the installed system?
We fixed this in MX-14.1.1 so it would be better to install that and dump the 14.1 version.
Sorry about that, but it it the easiest way to go since 14.1 will not be supported.
antiC, NGIB swapped in the initrd.gz from MX-14.1.1 which fixed the boot problem. Is there any other reason he should use MX-14.1 instead of MX-14.1.1? IOW were there other important changes besides the initrd bug fixes in MX-14.1.1?
Moot point as I went through the time and effort to reinstall and reconfigure as I was told by the lead developer that this is what I had to do. He did not indicate in his post that there were simpler or faster methods to fix the 14.1 install I had already done. For a different user maybe there would have been a less involved procedure.

BTW, I would have marked it solved myself after I went through the time to reinstall and check to see if everything worked. I just finished the process 2 minutes ago...
Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

anticapitalista
Developer

#12 Post by anticapitalista »

The quickest and easiest way was to install 14.1.1.

Problem found and quickly fixed and I hope that makes everyone feel happy :)
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Jerry3904
Administrator

#13 Post by Jerry3904 »

BTW, I would have marked it solved myself after I went through the time to reinstall and check to see if everything worked. I just finished the process 2 minutes ago...
Just me as Project Manager trying to keep track of what open problems we had after the new release.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

lucky9

#14 Post by lucky9 »

It's pretty normal to have hiccups with new stuff.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Return to “Older Versions”