Do I need 64 bit?

richb
Administrator

Re: Do I need 64 bit?

#21 Post by richb »

Unless I am mistaken, among the goals of MX-14, challenging the distros you mentioned was not among them..
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

lucky9

#22 Post by lucky9 »

Correct. MX14 wasn't/isn't a race.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

fu-sen

#23 Post by fu-sen »

I think that it is enough.
:popcorn:
🎈 BALLOON | FU-SEN from Japan 🗾 - https://balloon.gdn/ - https://github.com/fu-sen

richb
Administrator

#24 Post by richb »

It is a legitimate discussion as there are those who do not understand the decision and background that went into the development. It is helpful to let them know.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

seb275

#25 Post by seb275 »

Since I'm new to MX-14 and I find this distro very appealing I'm glad you still consider to discuss this topic. Thank you for your patience. (As for my comment about "competition" I was just refering to Uncle Mark's "look out mint !")

I don't agree with most arguments previously exposed against a 64bit edition (I could explain my point on each of them but I understand you feel tired of this). Nevertheless I do understand now the one about the lack of ressources to achieve this port (to be franc I am not aware how much work this would cost). Fair enough.

ok, I take the status as it is. Does not mean to me I will stop my trip with MX: as I said before, MX is one of te best Xfce I've found around. MX is fast, polished, up to date, shiny. Since it's Debian Stable based, I guess it is stable too and will remain so for a long enough time. More point. Finally, the addition of Compiz by Stevo (https://github.com/Jubei-Mitsuyoshi/aaa-debian-repo.git) just pushed MX in my top 3 (cause I put compiz every time the pc can handle it smoothly). Thanks for providing the community such a good work.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#26 Post by Jerry3904 »

What we need is another Community member to take this over b/c anti simply can not. "Take over" means development and support, though with the Debian-antiX OS and Xfce DE, the task would be manageable.

BTW: if anybody is willing and able, s/he should PM the Lead Developer.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

seb275

#27 Post by seb275 »

Well, I'm afraid I won't be able to bring the slightest help on this... The best I can do is to send my support; maybe a 'donate' click can do it. Done.

Return to “Older Versions”