Duck,duck,go

Here you can just talk about MX or post interesting topics about what you have done in MX that you want to share with others. Other non-MX topics can be discussed within the Rules of the Forum.
Stevo
Developer

Re: Duck, Duck..Gone!

#31 Post by Stevo »

turtlebay777 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:20 pm
Stevo wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:30 pm What a weird concidence. As I was taking my "coyote walk" last night, I found a duck-type bird (a grebe) by the side of the road that had been hit by a car and had its neck broken. I put it in a plastic bag and gave it to the alpha coyote when they showed up (waste not, want not). I thought it would take it way out of sight and eat it in private, but it only took it about ten meters away and proceeded to take it to pieces and gobble it down--I mean everything except the feathers, including the head and beak and legs, were chewed up and went down the hatch.
Obviously not this grebe I hope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj7iDqQD1jI
They'd do it if he was 18 inches tall...

KoO

Re: Duck,duck,go

#32 Post by KoO »

We need go penguin go and be safe from coyotes too
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

Serbian

#33 Post by Serbian »

KoO wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 pm We need go penguin go and be safe from coyotes too
Yes!

Captain Brillo

#34 Post by Captain Brillo »

You want to be private? ha ha ha ha

But here's some things you might do:

Re-install, encrypt your stuff and set up your firewall.

Get a no-log non-"14-Eyes" VPN provider. (Used to be "5-Eyes")

Change your VPN server at random intervals (this is easy, cuz they all have issues once in a while).

Use multiple browsers - this will get in the way of fingerprinting.

Don't use bookmarks in your browser - keep a separate list of links (I know, a pain, but not very hard once you get used to it).

Don't save passwords in any browsers - again, use a list.

If you need a password manager, use one that stays on your disk, and doesn't connect to anyone.

Keep everything possible on your machine, with regular backups to external disks.

Make sure you are a GAFA-free zone

Don't trust anyone.

Whew!

Am I nuts, or what?
GAFA-free zone

Eggnog

#35 Post by Eggnog »

I use StartPage as my default search engine, then go to SearX, with Google, DuckDuckGo, and Bing turned on in the Engines section, among others, if I need to go further. I rarely need to go beyond StartPage and SearX.

gimcrack

#36 Post by gimcrack »

Never heard of SearX. It's a nice mega search engine. Thanks for sharing. I finally got my MX Blog going and it's index on the search engines now. I'm on the second page, so that's a good thing. https://i.imgur.com/mA2Bmpl.png

manyroads

#37 Post by manyroads »

gimcrack wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:53 am Never heard of SearX. It's a nice mega search engine. Thanks for sharing. I finally got my MX Blog going and it's index on the search engines now. I'm on the second page, so that's a good thing. https://i.imgur.com/mA2Bmpl.png
You might move up to page one if you tell people here where your blog is... domain url-wise. :bagoverhead:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

gimcrack

#38 Post by gimcrack »

I thought that would be spamming. Not sure it would be allow here. The image tells you my URL off that search engine page. But here it goes; http://linuxmxblogger.epizy.com/

richb
Administrator

#39 Post by richb »

A site that is not commercial, not selling anything and referencing MX we do not consider spam. However posting the link here is off topic.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Kulmbacher

#40 Post by Kulmbacher »

gimcrack wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:25 am ...But here it goes...
This site requires Javascript to work, please enable Javascript in your browser or use a browser with Javascript support

so, not here ...
they called him, the fish!

Return to “Community Fun”