8k TV broadcast in Japan from Dec 1st

Here you can just talk about MX or post interesting topics about what you have done in MX that you want to share with others. Other non-MX topics can be discussed within the Rules of the Forum.
namida12

8k TV broadcast in Japan from Dec 1st

#1 Post by namida12 »

The us appears to be falling further behind in TV technology. Maybe?
https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/08/16/ ... ember-1st/

8K Tv will be in some US Shops early in 2019, my question is this happening in Europe or UK?

JR

rich

Re: 8k TV broadcast in Japan from Dec 1st

#2 Post by rich »

*reads 8K TV article on 15 inch 1366x768 laptop screen*

Mauser

#3 Post by Mauser »

I found that the Spanish speaking people of the Latin community are the best at TV signal transmission. They are so good at it that there is no close seconded place. All Spanish TV channels always work, coming in crystal clear on any TV even without any antenna at all regardless of location. Those 8K TV's will be so expensive that only people that have so much money that they don't know what to do with it could afford an 8K TV.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

chrispop99
Global Moderator

#4 Post by chrispop99 »

namida12 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:23 am The us appears to be falling further behind in TV technology. Maybe?
https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/08/16/ ... ember-1st/

8K Tv will be in some US Shops early in 2019, my question is this happening in Europe or UK?

JR
Japan and other Asian countries are struggling to deliver 8k by 2020 - in time for the Olympics.

There are no plans to deliver 8k to UK viewers in the near future; there are currently only a few pay-to-view channels in 4k.

Chris
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

turtlebay777

#5 Post by turtlebay777 »

Whether it's 8k, 4k, HD or even 625 lines, the program quality will still be abysmal in the UK. A bucket of poo looks the same at any quality!

clicktician

#6 Post by clicktician »

A lot depends on how cultures approach demand. For example:

The Japanese tend to create product and content, then convince the public "you could be watching this in 8K like everyone else." They initially provide value and infrastructure, and then translate that into personal conformation, validation, and normality.

Americans first create the delivery mechanism by convincing people to buy 8K displays using proven techniques like FOMO or the appearance of prestige. Then content providers must respond with product or die in the market place.
So, we see oddities in the US like exotic electric vehicles with no practical charging station infrastructure. Smartphones with features the networks don't support.
Look at Google's failure with fiber deployment in the US. They thought they could just build a multi-gigabit network in a few cities and then have people figure out what to do with it. One of the very rare flops of Google. Yet, this is a perfectly viable approach in South Korea.

As a result, it's less about who is more advanced, and more about how cultural adaptation is manipulated.
Son, someday all this will belong to your ex wife.

Return to “Community Fun”