A toolbar editor has been added. Now it's possible to select the buttons and controls that want to appear in the toolbars.
New video filters: gradfun, blur and sharpen.
Now it's possible to change the GUI (default, mini, mpc) at runtime, no restart required.
sub files from opensubtitles should work again.
(Youtube) Recognize short urls (like this one: http://y2u.be/F5OcZBVPwOA)
Better support for chapters in video files.
Bug fix: remote m3u files work from the favorites menu or command line.
Internal changes in the single instance option (switch to QtSingleApplication).
After being on development hiatus for quite some time, SMPlayer is alive again. Version 0.7.0 is now in the main testing community repo.
SMPlayer is a QT 4 GUI front-end to either mplayer or mplayer 2, and thus can play most any multimedia file or stream that one can find. New in this release:
* Add Help -> Check for updates (replaces Help -> Tips)
* Simplify the about dialog.
* Detect mplayer2.
* Use precise seeking is using mplayer2.
* Add an option in preferences -> interface to enable or not precise seeking.
* Move the open dvd, vcd and audio cd to a submenu.
* New option for command-line: -disable-server. This option disables the server used to communicate with other instances. This, of course, disables too the possibility to use a single instance.
* Move the favorite menu to the open menu, and add an icon to the toolbar.
(2012-01-13 - 2012-01-21)
* New favorite menu, where you can add your favorite videos, music, streams, youtube videos... It's also possible to add submenus.
* Use QtLockedFile instead of QxtFileLock, so we can get rid of the libqxt dependency on windows. The QtLockedFile is under the BSD license.
* The title of youtube videos is displayed correctly. And the stream url is replaced by the url of the youtube page.
* Added the Croatian translation, by jk.
* Detect asx, m3u, pls, and ram streams and pass -playlist to mplayer, so the user doesn't have to indicate if a url is a playlist.
* Added an option in preferences -> performance to select the desired quality for youtube videos.
* Added a very basic support for youtube. Now you can open urls like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq4Oj5quskI in smplayer (Open -> URL)
* New option "Hide video window when playing audio files" in preferences -> interface.
Let us know how this version is working, thanks! There will builds for M8.5 soon.