Welcome!

Please read this important information about Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities.
Please read this important information about MX sources lists.
News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-17 Final release info here
  • MX-16.1 release info here
  • antiX-17 release info here
    New users
    • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
    • Read Forum Rules

error report? WTF?

EricG

Re: error report? WTF?

#11 Postby EricG » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I have re-installed my computer and the terminal still freezes upon entering root commands. I didn't download the copy of my mepis linux system because I bought the dvd from the simply mepis home page; the first time I loaded the system a good year or two ago I haven't had any problems since, so it isn't the live dvd.

I looked up (SIGABRT) 6 its a core abort signal from abort(3)
It is a signal or bug which may have been placed there by a handler/hijacker/cracker/ what ever term suites the individual. the abort-causes abnormal program termination.
synopsis:
#include <stdlib.h>

void abort(void);

I may not be online for the next few days as I have had a head cold/congestive coughing which is severally effecting my concentration and ability to think. Feel free to continue diagnosing as I have listened and will continue to listen and test your ideas. I thank you all but for now I bid you adieu.

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: error report? WTF?

#12 Postby lucky9 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 pm

SIGBART whatever is just KDE puking. It's not that unusual to have them occasionally. Very occasionally.

Post your /etc/apt/sources.list here.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Return to “Community Submissions”