7%
I'll have both DEs installed
10%

Total votes: 97

mx-user-1704

Re: MX-21 Xfce or KDE?

#51 Post by mx-user-1704 »

Xfce, ich möchte es simpel und light.
Ein desktop soll nicht nerven, sondern programme starten.
Hardware, bios, treiber, desktop sind unterbau, es geht nur um programme, damit arbeite ich.
Natürlich muß die gesamte kette funktionieren, aber im endeffekt gehts um die tools.
Ich habe mir ein aktuelles ubuntu im virtualbox angesehn, seltsames zeug. Nicht cool.
Bling bling und bunte icons bringen mir nichts.

Uralter eindruck: os/2 war super, administration war wunderbar, das hat schlicht funktioniert, es gab nur kaum gute userprogramme.

Utopia
Administrator

#52 Post by Utopia »

Moderator comment:
Please, only English language here.
Bitte, nur Englische Sprache hier.
Henry

mx-user-1704

#53 Post by mx-user-1704 »

Yes sorry, my fault.
Everything was translated to german here, I missed the google bar on top of the screen :/

Mauser

#54 Post by Mauser »

After checking out MX-21 KDE I will be going with Xfce because KDE Plasma 5 has highly annoying popups. The worst popup is the one at the top center of the screen which caused additional unwanted panels being created. It was a real pain to figure out how to remove these panels since the KDE forums are not what they once were in the past. Being all this I understand adding all kinds of features, but this has become ridiculous because they get in the way. This is not a distro issue, but a desk top environment issue. I am sticking with Xfce.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Return to “Chat”