Kali Linux

masterpeace

Re: Kali Linux

#31 Post by masterpeace »

I learned somewhere you can install each of every Kali Tools on any Debian-derivative like how you can install Black Arch repositories on Manjaro , does this means we can install them on MX ?

asqwerth
Developer

#32 Post by asqwerth »

masterpeace wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:18 am I learned somewhere you can install each of every Kali Tools on any Debian-derivative like how you can install Black Arch repositories on Manjaro , does this means we can install them on MX ?
From here: https://docs.kali.org/policy/kali-linux ... ith-debian

Kali Linux distribution is based on Debian Testing. Therefore, most of the Kali packages are imported, as-is, from the Debian repositories. In some cases, newer packages may be imported from Debian Unstable or Debian Experimental, either to improve user experience, or to incorporate needed bug fixes.
MX is based on Debian Stable.

Your installation of their packages is at your own risk.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

masterpeace

#33 Post by masterpeace »

asqwerth wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:32 amMX is based on Debian Stable.

I know just asking , im not an expert on that matter . But it is still nice to know we can still do the job done if needed . At most carrying around a live medium of kali is safer than installing on my system which i'm still in the process learning about .

Thank you for the answer .

asqwerth
Developer

#34 Post by asqwerth »

masterpeace wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:45 am
asqwerth wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:32 amMX is based on Debian Stable.

I know just asking , im not an expert on that matter . But it is still nice to know we can still do the job done if needed . At most carrying around a live medium of kali is safer than installing on my system which i'm still in the process learning about .

Thank you for the answer .

I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion from my post that "it is nice to know we can still do the job done". What job are you referring to?

Added: by the way, try asking on Manjaro forums for help to install Black Arch repos and see the response you get. :p ;)
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

masterpeace

#35 Post by masterpeace »

asqwerth wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:57 am I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion from my post that "it is nice to know we can still do the job done". What job are you referring to?

Added: by the way, try asking on Manjaro forums for help to install Black Arch repos and see the response you get. :p ;)
nope someone have the same idea with me , and that certain someone ask them my question , and i just confirm it here . i see kali tools are way better to get the job done compared to windows tools , which broke and conflicting each other , and it prevents me from playing online game , two words : it sucks .

yeah im still taking steps on that direction by the job's requirement , im still a total noob trying to learn to earn his food though .

mgp

#36 Post by mgp »

Kali is a specialized system designed for pen testing, ethical hacking and security assessments. I don't see the point in trying to make MX or any distribution into something else that's already out there. I wouldn't use an ice pick to make a hole in the wall when a drill is designed to do that. If i needed the services of Kali i would use Kali. I would be careful with those types of tools either installed in MX or using Kali. They are designed to break into systems. someone that does not know what there doing can get themselves into a lot of trouble. Just my humble opinion.

manyroads

#37 Post by manyroads »

mgp wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:19 am Kali is a specialized system designed for pen testing, ethical hacking and security assessments. I don't see the point in trying to make MX or any distribution into something else that's already out there. I wouldn't use an ice pick to make a hole in the wall when a drill is designed to do that. If i needed the services of Kali i would use Kali. I would be careful with those types of tools either installed in MX or using Kali. They are designed to break into systems. someone that does not know what there doing can get themselves into a lot of trouble. Just my humble opinion.
Numerous threads here lately have been focused on pulling square pegs through round holes. :p :eek: :lipsrsealed:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Tweaked Valley

#38 Post by Tweaked Valley »

Yo, I was told to meet Johnny2Toes back here from the dark web, he's got one of them fancy dongle so littles with kali on it......first of all if you're openly talking about kali with no means of healthy directions...I just wouldn't bother. You have a better chance of exposing yourself then managing to get one of those tools to work correctly. My opinion only and it doest matter but it keeps me out of jail. 1 RULE

rule 1: if this tool within is operable within2 sides of the law...
a) Am i qualified to no how this works
b) Do i kn ow what the man pages are
c) Do I know the darkest side of the grey area without crossing the thresh hold line of no return.
D) Do you know in your state, country, or countries if you managed rto be a big dumb ass.....min mandatory sentence is for cybercrime? Nmap for instance... why even bother...if you're not getting [aid why do it, your not convered under the protection of it as in your a pentester but even then it can come up, and its not light stuff.
E) Download and install parrot os the KDE version. Has way fewer tools and it's a beginner's way. and just take a course and dont be arrogant or pig headed.

This is the savior incase you make "mistake" and it comes back on you.............ready.......... KEEP A LOG... a paper on that you keep track of everything you do and why. Keep you out of jail. Now im talking worse case scenerio.

Howdie folks in new and enjoying the environment selection with the nice smooth elegant drop menu...now my question...how do i get kali Linux in there....haha I'm JJ...I'm sorry some may not find this humorous!

see yall in the forums somewhere....

Utopia
Administrator

#39 Post by Utopia »

Moderator comment:
Topic locked

Henry

Return to “Chat”