-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

What is going on with FFox, MS, FBook, Logins and etc ..

KernSpy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

What is going on with FFox, MS, FBook, Logins and etc ..

#1 Post by KernSpy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 am

Just last week I got a phone call from a friend asking about her Yahoo & Fbook logins not sticking. She has win-10 so I figured it was something to do with it. A couple days later the same thing happened to on my Sister's Laptop and her FFox. My sister writes down all her credentials in a notebook. I'm not sure what the other woman does. Anyway, yesterday the same thing happened to my Windows 7 64 machine and FFox. I use an old password program that has been around for 20 years. None of my logins are sticking. Every time I visit Amazon, eBay, FBook, Yahoo, YTube, OE/Hmail, Reddit and etc, I have to do a full login. I use a master password in FFox and all the data is still there. I've even did their two-step authentication and it still doesn't stick. I think something is really broken in FFox, or something messed up Win7. Looking into it ...

It wasn't to long long ago I read something about a move/push coming in the future to get away from logins via passwords & usernames. I don't know if it is something to do with that or not? FFox is up-to-date with 62.03. I've got all the current updates for Win_7_64. If it wasn't for all the software & games - I wouldn't even keep a windows computer anymore. I've purchased quite a few games over the years and quite a few from GOG & Steam. One of my favorites is - Ultimate General: Civil War & Gettysburg.

I'm also an old time gamer who likes the classics. I can give up a lot of the (Requires MS) software and will be more then happy to rid myself of the dependency. The games will be a bit harder. :)

I'm wondering how long it will be before this happens to me here in/on Linux? Has this login thing happened to anyone else here on the forum?
--
Last edited by KernSpy on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MX-17.1_x64 | System76 Galago UltraPro / Clevo W740SU | Intel Core i7-4770HQ | Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 | 16 GB DDR3 | Intel 530 series mSATA SSD - 240-GB | WD7500BPKX - 750-GB | Intel HD Audio. Note: [System76] and the Galago's neutered UEFI

Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: What is going on with FFox, MS, FBook, Logins and etc ..

#2 Post by Mauser » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:51 am

I haven't used Windows since Sept. 2015. I am using strictly MX-17.1 Linux on my desktop and laptop with Firefox 62.0.3 and have no login issues on anything. Your problem must be from facebook being hacked.

Return to “Chat”