-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Photon as a bullet. A newtonian question..

oops
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Photon as a bullet. A newtonian question..

#21 Post by oops » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:56 am

Stevo wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:55 pm
... The equations don't say anything about that--just that there is nothing that prevents gravity from pulling the star into a point mass of infinite density.
I prefer too the Russian term "frozen star" than "black hole" (or "trou noir" in french).

But like @Adrian said, "Infinite density, not infinite mass or gravity (what does infinite gravity even mean?)" ... but infinite density with not infinite mass means a zero size "frozen star" (that seams not possible for me)

PS:what does infinite gravity even mean? : Nothing else anywhere, and that seams not possible ?
$ inxi -Fxxxz : System: Host:XEON ... Distro: MX-17.1_x64 Horizon

arjaybe
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#22 Post by arjaybe » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 am

I think as one approaches the center of a black hole, and the energy density increases, we get a reversal of the Big Bang, where there was a series of symmetries breaking as the energy density decreased. After the Big Bang the symmetries broke and the four fundamental forces (gravity, strong force, weak force, electromagnetic force) emerged. I think that will be reversed in a black hole, and the forces will re-combine. This will mean that, at the appropriate energy density, gravity will not exist. No paradox about "infinite" gravity, and with no gravity, an end to increasing matter density, so no "infinite" density either.
Intel Celeron 1007U with integrated HD Graphics 2500, 4GB RAM

A thug state led by an overweening twat.

Green Comet

colin_b
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#23 Post by colin_b » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:08 pm

arjaybe wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 am
I think as one approaches the center of a black hole, and the energy density increases, we get a reversal of the Big Bang, where there was a series of symmetries breaking as the energy density decreased. After the Big Bang the symmetries broke and the four fundamental forces (gravity, strong force, weak force, electromagnetic force) emerged. I think that will be reversed in a black hole, and the forces will re-combine. This will mean that, at the appropriate energy density, gravity will not exist. No paradox about "infinite" gravity, and with no gravity, an end to increasing matter density, so no "infinite" density either.
An interesting thought which eliminates "infinite." It seems theoretical physicists are also trying to eliminate it:
https://www.insidescience.org/news/blac ... tely-dense

A black hole possesses a gravitational field so powerful that not even light can escape. A black hole generally forms after a star dies in a titanic explosion known as a supernova, which crushes the remaining core into dense lumps.

A maddening enigma called a singularity -- a region of infinite density -- lies at the heart of each black hole, according to general relativity, the modern theory of gravity. The infinite nature of singularities means that space and time as we know them cease to exist there.

Scientists have long sought ways to avoid the complete breakdown of all the known laws of physics brought on by singularities. Now researchers suggest the centers of black holes may not hold singularities after all.

These new findings are based on loop quantum gravity, one of the leading theories seeking to unite quantum mechanics and general relativity into a single theory that can explain all the forces of the universe. In loop quantum gravity, the four dimensions of spacetime are composed of networks of intersecting loops — ripples of the gravitational field.

oops
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#24 Post by oops » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Thanks for the link, very interesting.
$ inxi -Fxxxz : System: Host:XEON ... Distro: MX-17.1_x64 Horizon

Return to “Chat”