New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

Stevo
Developer

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#21 Post by Stevo »

Depending on how big a included screenshot png is in the source, sometimes I remove it or don't install it. No use including a 900K png file with a 32K cursor theme, IMO.

If we could display the shots from a fixed location on the Net, that would be better. We could copy those images over from the theme's page at gnome or xfce-look, though an animated gif of the animations for a cursor theme would be better--the KDE cursor theme chooser shows those, and Peek will make a screen capture gif of that.

asqwerth
Developer

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#22 Post by asqwerth »

Adrian wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm I wonder if we can add screenshot for the icons sets, description of icons don't really cut it, in MXPI if you click on (i) it should show package info and screenshot if available, if we can stick a number of screenshots on a site that we control we can add the URL to the MXPI definitions.
Revisiting this suggestion by you.

Pity the XFCE Theme Manager hasn't been maintained since 2016.

The icons pane of that manager could be screenshotted.

Just wondering if there is some code/script from within this old program which can be used in a different program to display the icons nicely. If not, each set of icons will have to be individually applied and then maybe a screenshot manually taken of whisker menu or Thunar to show off the icons?
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “MX Repositories”