New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

asqwerth
Developer

New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#1 Post by asqwerth »

Thanks to Stevo (packager) and Dolphin_Oracle (maintainer of MXPI Popular Apps package list), we have added 3 icon sets to the repos for MX17/18:

1. Numix-Circle
2. Evolvere 2
3. La-Capitaine icon theme AND the complementary Capitaine cursor theme (Test Repo).

You'll also find the 1st 2 sets in the Icons category of MXPI Popular Apps.

The MXPI Icons category is not meant to carry a long list of the latest and trendiest icons sets around. There are tons of nice icons, which you can find on various sites. The category is just a curated list of a few tried and tested, visually pleasing and sufficiently comprehensive icon sets for users who want an easy way to get a few sets to occasionally vary their desktop. Those of you who are really into customisation will already be familiar with them.

If you install the La-Cap icons and cursor themes and they work for you, could you post in this thread so Stevo can move them to Main Repo in due course? (works fine for me)
Thanks.

The first 2 sets are also in the repos for MX15/16. There is no icons category in MX15/16's Popular Apps section.

Set 3 isn't compatible, because it requires gtk3.18 and above to be compiled. If you manually download the zip file from the github page and extract the folders to your $HOME/.icons folder, you'll encounter weird visual bugs when you apply that icon set in MX15/16.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Gerson

Re: New icon sets in CR / MXPI Popular Apps

#2 Post by Gerson »

I could not install the theme 3. La-Capitaine icon theme AND the complementary Capitaine cursor theme (Test Repo).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Gerson

#3 Post by Gerson »

I changed the repository to Uruguay and there I could install the theme.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asqwerth
Developer

#4 Post by asqwerth »

Gerson wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 am I changed the repository to Uruguay and there I could install the theme.

Great. Did the cursor theme work as well?
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

Gerson

#5 Post by Gerson »

@asqwerth
The subject of the cursor did not work.

Adrian
Developer

#6 Post by Adrian »

I wonder if we can add screenshot for the icons sets, description of icons don't really cut it, in MXPI if you click on (i) it should show package info and screenshot if available, if we can stick a number of screenshots on a site that we control we can add the URL to the MXPI definitions.

asqwerth
Developer

#7 Post by asqwerth »

Gerson wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 pm @asqwerth
So you managed to install it but it doesn't show up? Strange.

Mauser

#8 Post by Mauser »

asqwerth wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:14 pm
Gerson wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 pm @asqwerth
So you managed to install it but it doesn't show up? Strange.
I don't find that strange. I have installed themes and icons that didn't show which others have without any issues. The way I see it is something is wrong with what was downloaded because not all developers check their work like the MX Linux developers do.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

manyroads

#9 Post by manyroads »

I often find that the theme (of any type) is in a sub-directory when that happens. Another regular problem is that the cursor themes are placed in the incorrect directory. :lipsrsealed:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Stevo
Developer

#10 Post by Stevo »

The cursor theme is in a separate "la-capitaine-cursor-theme" package; perhaps Gerson thought it was part of the icon theme. Can any one test the install?

Return to “MX Repositories”