Linux Musician request of repository.

Eino

Linux Musician request of repository.

#1 Post by Eino »

I have been using LMMS from Debian testing repositories., But the most current version is in KY studio repositories.
Link to the instructions that don't work with MX-14
http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Repositories#Ubuntu
You never really die. Your spirit, your music, and your wisdom carryover for generations to come, we are spiritual beings on a human journey.
Visit me at https://soundcloud.com/eino1953

lucky9

Re: Linux Musician request of repository.

#2 Post by lucky9 »

MX is based on debian not ubuntu. Occasionally it can be backported. The devs will take a look and let you know if it's possible.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

Hi Eino --

I tried to install the package, which supports Ubuntu and Debian, but it lacks dependencies (as I am sure you found out). That makes sense, since it says at the top of the page:
The KXStudio repositories support all Debian versions since Jessie
You can ask over in the Package Request Forum, though the combination of its many lacking dependencies and the busy work they are doing setting up the MX-15 repo may get in the way.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

lucky9

#4 Post by lucky9 »

It's my understanding that the next version of MX will support Jessie. MX is aimed at stability as much as possible.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Rossi

#5 Post by Rossi »

lucky9 wrote:It's my understanding that the next version of MX will support Jessie. MX is aimed at stability as much as possible.
What's the update on the MX stability? Thanks, not seeing any info about this anywhere so just want to try my luck here. Thanks.

v3g4n

#6 Post by v3g4n »

Welcome Rossi to the forum! :welcome:
Stability has been stellar on my end and many others, ymmv though of course. If you run into any problems just post them on the forums and there are many users and developers willing and able to help. Give it a shot and I'm sure you won't regret it. I speak from experience as I have used more distros than I care to count and wish I would have landed here years ago.
I noticed you posted in the forum about Music, was there a package that you were inquiring about?

Jerry3904
Administrator

#7 Post by Jerry3904 »

Let's be a bit cautious here...we have an unrelated post with no information in an old thread.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

richb
Administrator

#8 Post by richb »

Jerry3904 wrote:Let's be a bit cautious here...we have an unrelated post with no information in an old thread.
Watching.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “MX Repositories”