Networking Two MxLinux Computers

zyngalu

Networking Two MxLinux Computers

#1 Post by zyngalu »

Hi

I am now eager to install mxLinux on my server computer (its the one with the big hard drive) which is presently running uBuntu Studio. My new mxlinux sees the ubuntu computer and can share files.

But before I leave ubuntu Studio I want ubuntu Studio to see my mxlinux computer. I guess I want to make mxlinux the server computer.

Both computers are running samba. I know I will have to do some work on this. But I would appreciate a helping hand to start me up..

Thx everyone..

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Re: Networking Two MxLinux Computers

#2 Post by JayM »

Welcome to the forum. I suggest that in MX you hit alt+F1 to open the MX user manual then read sections 3.5.4 and 3.5.5 on Samba shares. There's also a link to the online manual at the top of the forum. If you run into any snags just search the forum as someone else has probably already experienced the same problem you are and there may already be a solution. If not, feel free to post anew.

Also, prior to installing MX on your server I suggest using the MX Live USB Maker to create a live boot USB, boot the server from it with persistence enabled, and go ahead and configure your Samba shares. Once you get everything working satisfactorily you can run MX RemasterCC on the server's USB, reboot then install from it and it will install MX with your Samba shares already configured and working, and if for some reason you can't get them working when using the live USB you still have your original distro on the server to fall back to.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

zyngalu

Re: Networking Two MxLinux Computers

#3 Post by zyngalu »

read sections 3.5.4 and 3.5.5 on Samba shares
wow .. thats was easy.... Once I knew where to look..

Thank You...

Return to “General”