Deepin 15.9 released

Eggnog

Re: Deepin 15.9 released

#11 Post by Eggnog »

Auro Kumar Sahoo »

I'm never going to consider using Deepin as a main distro for anything. I am quite happy with MX. But I will play with it for a bit. I have some spare / and /home partitions on another machine I sometimes throw random distros on to take them for a spin. It's kind of fun.

gimcrack

#12 Post by gimcrack »

I just use Virtualbox to start playing. It's quicker and I still have full access to my main OS at all times. I even played with the Archiso without even installing it. Many things you can learn by just playing with things. MX will always be my primary OS for now on. I just still have this distro hopping in my blood and VM helps me control that.

zorzi

#13 Post by zorzi »

Gerson wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:18 am Since the internet became popular, we no longer have a private life; they spy on your cell phone, on TV, on the street, in the taxi, on the bus, etc; but that does not bother me, I do not do anything improper, I do not handle money through the network, so they can spy on me, even if they wanted to since MX they would be doing it.
Strange way of thinking... What do you expect from open source philosophy, then... ?

Gerson

#14 Post by Gerson »

@zorzi
What I express in my sentence is a reality adjusted to the truth, most people do not have enough knowledge to be safeguarding us from spy attacks.
From what I have read; (mine is medicine, not computer science) with open source we can have an escape valve (for those who dominate it); I have seen how easily from a laptop you can access a cell phone and record without your owner noticing, take photos, screenshots and record your conversations and even send you a copy.
This week, on a news channel in Argentina (eltreceTV) showed how it is done and what precautions must be taken; the note is called: "the cell phone is not yours".
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Mauser

#15 Post by Mauser »

I suggest you all read the Deepin E.U.L.A.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Paul..

#16 Post by Paul.. »

Moderator Comment:

This is a thorny subject, but a useful discussion nonetheless. Since forum rules prohibit distro bashing, we suggest that users make their own decisions. Auro Kumar Sahoo's post cites several sources...and I am sure there are more on-going discussions outside of this forum that will provide ample fodder for analysis.

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

Return to “General”