28 new icon themes built with Erik Dubois scripts today.

freefreeno

28 new icon themes built with Erik Dubois scripts today.

#1 Post by freefreeno »

This is the link to a lot of the screenshots that I took while creating the icons and one link to what my desktop looks like now.
http://imgbox.com/g/iuLAKgbgJK

And to a screen shot of my desktop now.
http://imgbox.com/g/Q8hzOZbkwm

All credits go to Erik Dubois for creating the scripts and making it available to us all.The script is inside the icons so you really just change them to whatever you like and its easy but time consuming. I think I have created some pretty nice ones and if you really want them to look nice there is 3 or 4 themes that the colors were mainly taken from.The themes are Stylish dark theme, Qogir dark theme, Matcha dark theme, Vimix dark theme. Also I went over to the Linux mint Github and downloaded the scripts to build there complete theme set and I based icon colors off of all there themes also so there is an icon set for each one of those. In other words if you like your desktop to look really nice and you don't like messing with it or just don't have the time then you can have all of these if you like. People here have always been nice and its good to share in the linux world. I guess you can let me no because I am not sure how to post the files because they well not real big but kinda.I will check on here from time to time.Oh if the screen shots confuse I did not make these while in MX. Oh you will need numix-circle installed first and foremost.
Last edited by freefreeno on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eggnog

Re: 28 new icon themes built with Erik Dubois scripts today.

#2 Post by Eggnog »

Very nice. Much appreciated!

Mauser

#3 Post by Mauser »

Erik Dubois does nice work. All I see are pictures of themes but no themes to download. Where is it available to us?
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

asqwerth
Developer

#4 Post by asqwerth »

@Mauser, start from https://erikdubois.be/ and https://github.com/erikdubois
His site has useful advice and tips on how to mix and match icon sets, and generally on various aspects of customisation.

I do use Erik Dubois' icon sets from time to time, and have downloaded versions from his website/github since Sardi version 6.

Most of them are remixes/variants of icon sets created by others, but he has added additional icons to these sets for other apps, so the icon sets are very comprehensive. It's also good that he provides colour-change scripts so you can change the colour of some of his icon sets. I use the Any Colour You Like Simple icon set with his Ghost Flexible set as fallback, because his set has some icons not found in ACYLS.

Most of the MX apps are symlinked to appropriate icons in his icon sets, so that really helps for a nice consistent look in MX, except that you lose the signature MX Tools and MX Tweak logos as he uses generic "tools/settings/tweak" icons.

My main issue with his sets though, is that some of his smaller-sized icons look ragged around the edges, most noticeable in icons that show up in the notification area.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Gerson

#5 Post by Gerson »

It is grateful to share these experiences and they are welcome, everything is the art of knowing and contributing. Personally, for more than a year I have been using MX and modifying its appearance and I have no problems with the icon packages I use, they all work well and complete in MX both in 17 and now in 18 and for those who are interested , I made an article where I show how to change the appearance of MX without altering the system and all the icons work and they look without problem.
You can see the information in this link, although it is in Spanish, the translator puts it in their language, and the images that accompany it are very explicit.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Return to “General”