This is THE best Linux distro!

Sparky

This is THE best Linux distro!

#1 Post by Sparky »

I have tried so many...This one is just mind blowing!
The Devs must be either Geniuses or Mind readers. The intuition of the GUI far exceeds anything I've experienced. I'm very surprised this distro isn't as well known as some others!
MX Linux Asus F552, 12GB RAM, 500GB WD SSD MX19.2
Dell Inspiron 7559 16GB RAM 1X 256GB SSD & 1TB SSD MX KDE 21.1 & Windows 11
Mini Tower PC 2X 256GB SSD MX KDE21.1

Adrian
Developer

Re: This is THE best Linux distro!

#2 Post by Adrian »

Thanks :) We are not mind readers, we are users too, and users in general even those who don't code have an important influence on how things end up working.

PondLife

#3 Post by PondLife »

Even better than SparkyLinux…… you must have tried that one?

jspivey81

#4 Post by jspivey81 »

I agree! I only fairly recently became aware of MX. In the past, many ages ago I used Mepis though and had a pleasant experience. MX can be as simple as you want it to be, but there is great depth and customization here as well if you dive into it. Great distro for sure!

Sparky

#5 Post by Sparky »

PondLife wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:20 pm Even better than SparkyLinux…… you must have tried that one?
No, never heard of that one!
But I have tried so many...
MX Linux Asus F552, 12GB RAM, 500GB WD SSD MX19.2
Dell Inspiron 7559 16GB RAM 1X 256GB SSD & 1TB SSD MX KDE 21.1 & Windows 11
Mini Tower PC 2X 256GB SSD MX KDE21.1

Stevo
Developer

#6 Post by Stevo »

Adrian wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:14 pm Thanks :) We are not mind readers, we are users too, and users in general even those who don't code have an important influence on how things end up working.

This. We scratch our own itches, though it's interesting how it seems that our developers are more itchy than others.

bakedcookie

#7 Post by bakedcookie »

Because other deb/buntu-based distro ain't update their packages. Only preinstall stuff & nothing else. This is why ppl fled to Arch but guest what? they broke their system & they realize they're on bleeding edge which is not latest stable package that they want so they go back to deb based but start with Debian testing, Sid & still not realize until the matter time they finally notice that MX is the only linux distro that Terraform Debian stable plain with new packages topping & this is why MX deserve to be the best of the year. With that users don't have to suffer install Arch for sake of new package like fox & grapes anymore.

The ppl that prove my theory is Other stuffs(David) youtuber.
Naturally he ignored deb based distro until the point he fed up with Arch based.
You aware right? He used to be Manjaro great fan but he's not tolerate such hype.
He's been suffered demand ultimate xfce control panel like Xubuntu did but can't
find other distro & MX meet his requirement which other xfce distro never do.

Return to “General”